Three Clues - Who Am I?
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22352
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Are you an adventure game?
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- Rath Darkblade
- The Cute One
- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
- Location: Lost in Translation
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Yes ... and ...notbobsmith wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 11:28 pm Are you in a game with no other games in the series (like Codename: Iceman)?
... no.
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22352
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Are you something Rath has played before? 
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- notbobsmith
- Village Elder
- Posts: 6650
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
- Gender: Male
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Not a Dynamix game so that rules out most(all?) of the flight sims.
Are you in "Jones in the Fast Lane"? (Banks, loans)
Are you in "Jones in the Fast Lane"? (Banks, loans)
- Rath Darkblade
- The Cute One
- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
- Location: Lost in Translation
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Tawmis ... yes.
NBS ... yes.
NBS ... yes.
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22352
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Oi, I've only ever played JitFL once - and not very far. 
And so I will need to scour since SC is down!
And so I will need to scour since SC is down!
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- notbobsmith
- Village Elder
- Posts: 6650
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
- Gender: Male
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
You can access the pages through archive.org, but it appears that Sierra Chest doesn't have screenshots for "Jones in the Fast Lane". The Sierra Wallpaper page doesn't either, which pretty much just leaves Mobygames, which is where I got this idea:
Don't bank on your future here
I won't leave you a loan
It's rough around the edges!
Are you the coin in the bank building? "Bank" and "loan" are clues to the bank. Some coins are "rough around the edges".
- Rath Darkblade
- The Cute One
- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
- Location: Lost in Translation
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Sorry, I am not the coin.
Clue: I would usually leave a clue here, but you're already so close!
Clue: I would usually leave a clue here, but you're already so close!
- notbobsmith
- Village Elder
- Posts: 6650
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
- Gender: Male
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Are you somehow related to the bank?
- Tawmis
- Grand Poobah's Servant
- Posts: 22352
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 am
- Gender: Not Specified
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Are you the piggy bank?
Tawmis.com - Voice Actor
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
Comic Relief Podcast!
Neverending Nights
Hello, my name is Larry. Larry Laffer!
- Rath Darkblade
- The Cute One
- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
- Location: Lost in Translation
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
NBS ... yes.
Tawm ... sorry, no.
Tawm ... sorry, no.
- notbobsmith
- Village Elder
- Posts: 6650
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
- Gender: Male
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Are you the bank sign? The one in the window that shows up when you enter the bank. It kind of has rough edges.
- Rath Darkblade
- The Cute One
- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
- Location: Lost in Translation
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Sorry, I'm not.
Clue: You're still very close. Keep going!
Clue: You're still very close. Keep going!
- notbobsmith
- Village Elder
- Posts: 6650
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
- Location: Massachusetts
- Gender: Male
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
I'm not sure how "rough around the edges" applies, but:
Are you the banker? The woman you see when you use the bank.
Are you the banker? The woman you see when you use the bank.
- Rath Darkblade
- The Cute One
- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
- Location: Lost in Translation
- Gender: Male
- Contact:
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Yes, I am the banker. 
"Rough around the edges" applies to the game. It mostly works, if you don't think about it too much, but some things don't make sense. For instance, buying a single burger at Monolith Burger, will set you back anywhere between $70 and $100 ...
... and yet, on the weekend, you can hang out in the mall and fill up on junk food -- and spend $48.
Or, you can take a friend out to a cheap restaurant and spend $16 (for two people). What the heck is that?
That's what I mean by "rough around the edges".
Your turn, NBS!
"Rough around the edges" applies to the game. It mostly works, if you don't think about it too much, but some things don't make sense. For instance, buying a single burger at Monolith Burger, will set you back anywhere between $70 and $100 ...
... and yet, on the weekend, you can hang out in the mall and fill up on junk food -- and spend $48.
Your turn, NBS!