Page 334 of 383
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2025 1:16 am
by Tawmis
Are you an adventure game?
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2025 3:43 am
by Rath Darkblade
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 11:28 pm
Are you in a game with no other games in the series (like Codename: Iceman)?
Yes ... and ...
Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Aug 31, 2025 1:16 am
Are you an adventure game?
... no.

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2025 3:16 pm
by Tawmis
Are you something Rath has played before?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2025 12:57 am
by notbobsmith
Not a Dynamix game so that rules out most(all?) of the flight sims.
Are you in "Jones in the Fast Lane"? (Banks, loans)
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2025 5:25 am
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis ... yes.
NBS ... yes.
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2025 12:59 pm
by Tawmis
Oi, I've only ever played JitFL once - and not very far.

And so I will need to scour since SC is down!

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2025 11:26 pm
by notbobsmith
Tawmis wrote: ↑Mon Sep 01, 2025 12:59 pm
Oi, I've only ever played JitFL once - and not very far.

And so I will need to scour since SC is down!
You can access the pages through archive.org, but it appears that Sierra Chest doesn't have screenshots for "Jones in the Fast Lane". The Sierra Wallpaper page doesn't either, which pretty much just leaves Mobygames, which is where I got this idea:
Don't bank on your future here
I won't leave you a loan
It's rough around the edges!
Are you the coin in the bank building? "Bank" and "loan" are clues to the bank. Some coins are "rough around the edges".
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2025 8:48 am
by Rath Darkblade
Sorry, I am not the coin.
Clue: I would usually leave a clue here, but you're already so close!

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2025 1:16 am
by notbobsmith
Are you somehow related to the bank?
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2025 5:42 pm
by Tawmis
Are you the piggy bank?
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2025 6:03 pm
by Rath Darkblade
NBS ... yes.
Tawm ... sorry, no.
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2025 11:47 pm
by notbobsmith
Are you the bank sign? The one in the window that shows up when you enter the bank. It kind of has rough edges.
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2025 4:49 am
by Rath Darkblade
Sorry, I'm not.
Clue: You're still very close. Keep going!

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2025 11:56 pm
by notbobsmith
I'm not sure how "rough around the edges" applies, but:
Are you the banker? The woman you see when you use the bank.
Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2025 10:42 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Yes, I am the banker.
"Rough around the edges" applies to the game. It mostly works, if you don't think about it too much, but some things don't make sense. For instance, buying a single burger at Monolith Burger, will set you back anywhere between $70 and $100 ...
... and yet, on the weekend, you can hang out in the mall and fill up on junk food -- and spend $48.

Or, you can take a friend out to a cheap restaurant and spend $16 (for two people). What the heck is that?

That's what I mean by "rough around the edges".
Your turn, NBS!
