Page 343 of 384

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2025 12:09 am
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sat Nov 15, 2025 5:25 pm Are you anywhere near (or in) Dracula's castle?
No

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2025 1:10 am
by Tawmis
Are you found indoors (in a church, castle, cave, underground thingie, etc)?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2025 4:58 am
by Rath Darkblade
Are you anywhere near the bridge over the chasm?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2025 9:27 pm
by Tawmis
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Nov 17, 2025 4:58 am Are you anywhere near the bridge over the chasm?
I feel like that's speculative. Is one screen near? Five screens? :D

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2025 11:54 pm
by notbobsmith
Tawmis wrote: ↑Mon Nov 17, 2025 1:10 am Are you found indoors (in a church, castle, cave, underground thingie, etc)?
Yes
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Nov 17, 2025 4:58 am Are you anywhere near the bridge over the chasm?
No (I guess it is up to me to define "near") :)

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2025 4:00 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Tawmis wrote: ↑Mon Nov 17, 2025 9:27 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Nov 17, 2025 4:58 am Are you anywhere near the bridge over the chasm?
I feel like that's speculative. Is one screen near? Five screens? :D
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Mon Nov 17, 2025 11:54 pm No (I guess it is up to me to define "near") :)
Sorry. I've never played the original KQ2, so I'm going off screenshots on SierraChest. ;)

Are you anywhere near (or in) the Kolyma church?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2025 11:42 pm
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Tue Nov 18, 2025 4:00 pm Are you anywhere near (or in) the Kolyma church?
Yes

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2025 1:49 am
by Rath Darkblade
Hmm -- now that gives me an idea. Are you the cross (either on top of the church or actually in it)?

All the right angles ...................................... A cross is made of right angles;
Comes across as out of place .......................... True, because no-one in Kolyma (or Daventry more generally) ever gives an indication of being Christian, or even knowing about Jesus
Raises some questions .................................. Such as, for instance: why is there a cross here, if crucifixion (and Jesus) are unknown to this land?

Am I right? *crosses fingers* (Aaaaack ... sorry, pun definitely not intended, I promise!) :)

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2025 11:35 pm
by notbobsmith
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed Nov 19, 2025 1:49 am Hmm -- now that gives me an idea. Are you the cross (either on top of the church or actually in it)?

All the right angles ...................................... A cross is made of right angles;
Comes across as out of place .......................... True, because no-one in Kolyma (or Daventry more generally) ever gives an indication of being Christian, or even knowing about Jesus
Raises some questions .................................. Such as, for instance: why is there a cross here, if crucifixion (and Jesus) are unknown to this land?

Am I right? *crosses fingers* (Aaaaack ... sorry, pun definitely not intended, I promise!) :)
Yes, I am!

Correct reading of the clues. There was one more: "Comes across as out of place" - "a cross" :)

I do find it funny that a fantasy setting apparently has Christianity.

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2025 3:29 am
by Rath Darkblade
notbobsmith wrote: ↑Wed Nov 19, 2025 11:35 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed Nov 19, 2025 1:49 am Hmm -- now that gives me an idea. Are you the cross (either on top of the church or actually in it)?

All the right angles ...................................... A cross is made of right angles;
Comes across as out of place .......................... True, because no-one in Kolyma (or Daventry more generally) ever gives an indication of being Christian, or even knowing about Jesus
Raises some questions .................................. Such as, for instance: why is there a cross here, if crucifixion (and Jesus) are unknown to this land?

Am I right? *crosses fingers* (Aaaaack ... sorry, pun definitely not intended, I promise!) :)
Yes, I am!

Correct reading of the clues. There was one more: "Comes across as out of place" - "a cross" :)

I do find it funny that a fantasy setting apparently has Christianity.
True - especially since we don't see Christianity in KQ before KQ2, and never see it afterwards (I think). Having said that, KQ obviously "borrows" a lot from western European history (the "look and feel" of castles and royalty) and particularly from western European folklore and myth.

Anyway, I thought of one ... but since I'm trying to make it tough, the clues will be tough.

I'm angular,
out of place,
and doomed.


Ask away! :)

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2025 12:50 pm
by Tawmis
Are ye in a game with 'Quest' somewhere in the title (King's Quest, ConQuest for Camelot, etc)?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2025 3:12 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Alas, no. I'm not in a Questy Quest for Quests. :D

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2025 4:39 pm
by Tawmis
:lol:

Is there more than 2 in the series (if you're in a series) :D

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2025 1:21 am
by notbobsmith
Are you in a game that takes place in the "present" (LSL, Gabriel Knight, etc.)?

Re: Three Clues - Who Am I?

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2025 7:39 pm
by Rath Darkblade
Tawm ... sorry, there aren't.

NBS ... nope, sorry. I'm not.