Page 1 of 1
SQ4 patch help (Skate-o-Rama)
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:38 pm
by JohnnyPhantom
Hi all,
I've installed my 1997 Sierra collection series of Space Quest and was playing all the games, man I love this series, but I noticed that in part 4 I was having real trouble with the skate-o-Rama part of the game, looking online I see there are quite a few timer bugs in the game since the timer isn't based on real time but on CPU cycles. Looking around I was able to find a patch that should solve this, but having a real hard time figuring out how to install it, can anybody offer any assistance? Thank you guys so much!!
Here's the patch location/site
http://www.spacequest.net/archives/sq4/patches/
Re: SQ4 patch help (Skate-o-Rama)
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 am
by audiodane
As I understand it, all you need to do is use the installer the Collector has created; it applies all necessary fixes (timer and otherwise)..
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updat ... s.html#SQ4
..dane
Re: SQ4 patch help (Skate-o-Rama)
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:13 am
by Collector
If you are talking about the NRS CD-ROM patch, it is not really a patch. He essentially hacked in support for speech file from the CD version's into the floppy version. Frans does not have the old NRS patch, which was just the script patches. The installer from here should address most issues with the game. As audiodane posted, the installer includes the applicable patches. If you need to keep your save games from an unpatched game, you can simply lower the cycles that you have DOSBox set in the conf file.
That said, you can get the old NRS SQ4CD patch here, which is included with the installer. From the read me:
Fixes:
- Xenon: Droid-o-death
- Xenon: Boarding the transport shuttle
- Xenon: Entering the time pod
- Estros: Sequel Policemen's timepod
- Mall: Skate-o-Rama sequence
http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/P ... #SQ4CD_NRS
Re: SQ4 patch help (Skate-o-Rama)
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:42 am
by JohnnyPhantom
Yup, I was using the installer found here and was having issues with the Skate-o-rama, even when i slowed the cylces down to something like 2000, 1000, or even 200 the skate-o-rama portion of SQ IV was still impossible, as soon as i got to the Skate rink, and clicked to move shot every time

Re: SQ4 patch help (Skate-o-Rama)
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:36 pm
by JohnnyPhantom
Never mind, I was wrong, it's just a HUGE pain part of the level, but, the installer here by Collector, does indeed patch the game and it does indeed work. Thank you soo much!!
Re: SQ4 patch help (Skate-o-Rama)
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:30 pm
by Collector
Keep in mind that save games from unpatched games can carry over the bug, if those save games are recognized by the patched game.
Re: SQ4 patch help (Skate-o-Rama)
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:33 pm
by Tawmis
JohnnyPhantom wrote: the installer here by Collector, does indeed patch the game and it does indeed work. Thank you soo much!!
Was there ever any doubt?

Re: SQ4 patch help (Skate-o-Rama)
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:41 pm
by JohnnyPhantom
Tawmis wrote:JohnnyPhantom wrote: the installer here by Collector, does indeed patch the game and it does indeed work. Thank you soo much!!
Was there ever any doubt?

Never

so glad it's in there, I love easy to use all in one installers that don't need anything extra. which leaves me with 1 or 2 kinda issues but thats for another topic/post ^-^