Page 1 of 1

Can't Import character

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:34 am
by jwelly
Hello everyone! First off, loved this series when I was younger, decided to replay it and try taking one character from QGF1 all the way through QFG5. I just finished 1 and tried to save my character to the A:glory1.sav file or whatever the recommended file is and it wouldn't let me do it.

I'm playing on my laptop computer and don't exactly have a floppy disc spot to put in. I could save it in a different file under C: but the QFG2 series just says it can't find any characters to import. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Re: Can't Import character

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:52 am
by Collector
Are you using the installer from here? If not, you should be using DOSBox. A game running in DOSBox will only see what you have mounted in DOSBox. If you have the game's folder mounted as "C:", then do not specify any drive or folder and it will look in its own folder.