A thought about the modern world (and why it's strange)
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:37 am
So, I had a thought: with the recent global pandemic, and the lockdown(s), and the fact that just about everyone hadn't been able to go out and mix for a few years, I have a feeling that some people -- not everyone, but some -- have forgotten how to behave in public. More people nowadays have less patience for others. They're constantly listening to their own music, or constantly looking at their phone. They are more impatient, more quick to anger, looking for the next "fix". That is a disturbing trend.
Some of them have even taken it to the extreme of not bothering to change out of their pajamas before going to the grocery store, and a few (not many) don't even bother to dress before going out - they just throw on a pair of pants and shoes, but not even a shirt. (I've seen one or two people like this, especially in summer. I live near the inner city, and last summer, I saw two young women walking around a major street in a skirt and a bra, but topless otherwise, as if that was a normal thing to do). That is very strange.
Lastly, I even ran into one young man at my local supermarket walking around, wearing no shirt, but a very short mini-skirt ... and no underpants.
Far be it from my to judge, but -- people. *sigh* It's not that hard. Put on some clothes before you leave the house. That's not too much to ask, is it?
Thanks for letting me rant. I feel better now.
Some of them have even taken it to the extreme of not bothering to change out of their pajamas before going to the grocery store, and a few (not many) don't even bother to dress before going out - they just throw on a pair of pants and shoes, but not even a shirt. (I've seen one or two people like this, especially in summer. I live near the inner city, and last summer, I saw two young women walking around a major street in a skirt and a bra, but topless otherwise, as if that was a normal thing to do). That is very strange.
Lastly, I even ran into one young man at my local supermarket walking around, wearing no shirt, but a very short mini-skirt ... and no underpants.
Far be it from my to judge, but -- people. *sigh* It's not that hard. Put on some clothes before you leave the house. That's not too much to ask, is it?
Thanks for letting me rant. I feel better now.