The good and the bad - Torin's Passage Edition.

Feeling like this game is just out of this world but can't seem to get a handle on things? Well come on here to post and get some help about Torin's Passage!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

The good and the bad - Torin's Passage Edition.

Post by Tawmis »

Every game has something good and something bad about it...

So what would you say is good AND bad about the following...

Torin's Passage -
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Re: The good and the bad - Torin's Passage Edition.

Post by notbobsmith »

GOOD: The setting is interesting. A mix of sci-fi and fantasy.
BAD: I've forgotten most of the characters, but there's woman who was banished unjustly and became the villain. There wasn't any real justice for her. Nothing happens to the person who banished her. Not even some kind of acknowledgement. That kind of bothered me.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:12 am BAD: I've forgotten most of the characters, but there's woman who was banished unjustly and became the villain. There wasn't any real justice for her. Nothing happens to the person who banished her. Not even some kind of acknowledgement. That kind of bothered me.
Yes. This always bothered me as well. It doesn't really explain why she went so dark and evil and no forgiveness, once the truth is learned.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

She was under the control of the real villain. That control was broken when Torin took that neck brace off of her. And she did get to go home with Torin. Perhaps replay the ending?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Collector wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:18 pm She was under the control of the real villain. That control was broken when Torin took that neck brace off of her. And she did get to go home with Torin. Perhaps replay the ending?
I remember her being under control - and coming back. But it did feel flat. (Literally rewatched my own video - - to remind myself). It is nice, I had forgotten - she does get to use her magic at the end to strike at "the bad guy" - so that's some redemption. But there was something that felt a little flat. It felt like, "Oh, I'm better! Yeah!" - Where as the rest of the game felt very well thought out (though I hated the entire Bitternuts/Butternets/Whatevernuts segment... hated it with a passion...) :)
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

That's not what I meant. I had to look up my notes from my playthrough. Lysentia was Torin's nanny and saved Torin. But then Kurtzwell (the Prime Minister or something) exiles her to the Lands Below. She was innocent. So yes, she was under control of the main villain (Pecand), but she has every right to be very, very angry with Kurtzwell, but nothing ever comes of it.

And yes the Bitternuts thing was kind of lame.

Return to “Torin's Passage”