Started GK3

Voodoo got the best of you? Need a hint? Want to talk about Gabriel Knight? This is the place to do it!
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Started GK3

Post by QuestCollector »

And I've hit a brick wall. I am so stuck right now and I'm trying my absolute best not to click on the hint button on the toolbar.

The bad part is that I'm only at the beginning really. I have 44 points and I'm wondering almost aimlessly around the village. Could someone give me a very vague hint perhaps?
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Re: Started GK3

Post by AndreaDraco »

What time-block are you playing? The first one (10 - 12) or the second one (12 - 14)?
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

The first one 10-12
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

First thing that comes to my mind...

Have you looked very, very, very carefully to the library's window?
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

Thank you Andrea! I didn't do that.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

After that, you may want to go back to the museum and ask something to Mrs. Gerard
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

QuestCollector wrote:And I've hit a brick wall. I am so stuck right now and I'm trying my absolute best not to click on the hint button on the toolbar.

The bad part is that I'm only at the beginning really. I have 44 points and I'm wondering almost aimlessly around the village. Could someone give me a very vague hint perhaps?
Hehehe, welcome to the toughest adventure game EVAR :)!! Timeblock 1 is the easy part by the way. Wait until you get to "Le Serpent Rouge" :lol:

We're here to help of course ;)
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

I'm so glad you're playing GK3, QuestCollector! It's so exciting seeing someone play it for the first time... and amusing when you get stuck 83957023 times. :P

Speaking of which, isn't the hint button only accessible during Le Serpent Rouge and at the end when Gabriel goes you-know-where?

When you're finished with the game, play it again with a thorough walkthrough because there are plenty of things that usually get missed the first time around.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

It's also available when you're in the map, it'll light up all those places you still HAVE to visit ala GK2.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Jules wrote:When you're finished with the game, play it again with a thorough walkthrough because there are plenty of things that usually get missed the first time around.
Heck, even with a walkthrough is not that easy to complete the game with full score! Many walkthroughs find on the net are incomplete or downright wrong, and even if the walkthrough is complete, there is always the five-minute window in DAY 2, which is incredibly difficult to nail, especially on modern machines.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Ah! No that's easy to nail. The thing is, you just should keep your fingers off the escape button while doing that bit.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

BBP wrote:Ah! No that's easy to nail. The thing is, you just should keep your fingers off the escape button while doing that bit.
We had a playthrough of GK3 on Adventure Gamers.com and many players had problem during that segment, even with the method you suggest.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Weird. I've played that section on three different computers (Win98, Vista,7) and the only time I had trouble with it was when I got so annoyed by Lady Howard I escaped through that voice acting. I really couldn't make it at all after I skipped that; Buchelli'd come out of the phone booth immediately after I'd come down.
Skip to new scripts
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I experienced the problem even on my PC and I had to use ESC, of course, but also to run with the camera to the phone boot before talking to Wilkes, while I always did the contrary on my old machine.
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

Just got home from work and finished my dinner. I think I'm going to startup GK3 and play for a while. I will give updates! 8-)

(Because I'm probably going to get stuck...)

Return to “The Gabriel Knight Series”