Script party!

Fan fics, songs and other user contributions.

Moderator: BBP

BBP
Village Elder

Script party!

Post by BBP »

There's a new addition to my script collection: The Leisure Suit Larry 1 script!
For the next two weeks, these can be downloaded from:
http://www.adrive.com/public/kDUUa4/lsl1.pdf
http://www.adrive.com/public/Dnz8tB/lsl1.odt

Some of the treasures I found, besides a handful of unused lines: you can bang the hammer on the radiator in the hooker's room, attempt to wear the ring, spit in the elevator, "copulate" Faith, look at your used condom, throw your rose on stage at the cabaret (but you'll lose it), holler for help when Fawn has you tied to the bed...

So now I have scripts of LSL1, LSL6, GK1, GK2, GK3, LB1, LB2, KQ3, KQ6 and Gold Rush! If anyone has a request, let me know!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Script party!

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote:There's a new addition to my script collection: The Leisure Suit Larry 1 script!
For the next two weeks, these can be downloaded from:
http://www.adrive.com/public/kDUUa4/lsl1.pdf
http://www.adrive.com/public/Dnz8tB/lsl1.odt

Some of the treasures I found, besides a handful of unused lines: you can bang the hammer on the radiator in the hooker's room, attempt to wear the ring, spit in the elevator, "copulate" Faith, look at your used condom, throw your rose on stage at the cabaret (but you'll lose it), holler for help when Fawn has you tied to the bed...

So now I have scripts of LSL1, LSL6, GK1, GK2, GK3, LB1, LB2, KQ3, KQ6 and Gold Rush! If anyone has a request, let me know!
Why only available for 2 weeks? Would you like me to put these on LarryLaffer.net? I wouldn't mind at all. I want to share your hard work. Not see it go away.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

I already offered.She could even zip them up and add them as an attachment on the forums
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I'm currently in the process of making PDF-files with cross linking on all of them. (The GK3 document has a massive 418 pages in PDF form.)
Reason for that is I need to wrap them up and put a bow on them before I can publish them away from my current large document host Adrive. And that's what I'm doing now. Still, for say, GK2, I'd need an original release first to be able to extract that one scene that only appears in the Spanish subtitle patch.

There's a big bow on the LSL1 documents I just put on Adrive, and you can go ahead and publish it in a more permanent place if you'd like. Thing is I'm also a bit worried about possible copyright infringement.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

At the moment I'm working on the LSL5 script. LSL5 was a bit tedious for me to play, with all the "that feels exactly like" remarks being identical... I had no idea there was so much dialogue in the inventory! All three tapes for instance each have their separate dialogue. For instance, if you click one on the doily, you'll get:
"The videotape isn't into doilies, but if you can find a 4-head VCR, she'll love you forever."
Another tape will get you:
The tape looks very feminine against the pretty little doily.
And the third will get you:
Why, the videotape looks so pretty and feminine on the attractive little doily!

Not to mention what you get if you click them on the green cards, the magazine or the roller skates.
Need to play this again! :)
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: Thing is I'm also a bit worried about possible copyright infringement.
Hon, in that case, every Sierra fan site that used a Sierra screenshot would be in trouble...
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

That's LSL5 wrapped up... The game's so incredibly easy I didn't even know you could fail to score with the girls, fail to enter the K-Rap building and Des Rever Records, mess up the recording session so you don't get a take or a chance with Des, or even record the K-rap conversation but leave the tape on the reel-to-reel. There's not a lot of extraordinary new material but there's definitely a few inventory combinations of which I doubt if they're possible.
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Okay, so I've learned you can take the DayTrotter plus goodies, roller skates, membership tape and green card away from their locations, but there's one thing I haven't figured out: how on earth are you able to receive a fax as Patti?
Skip to new scripts
adeyke
Oldbie

Post by adeyke »

If you don't pick up the device that tells you where you need to go, you'll get that information via a fax while you're in the car. It's one of the ways the game avoided dead ends.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Thank you!
That only leaves the recording session at Reverse Biaz: can you screw that up?
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

So... I'm now on KQ2, if I find anything interesting I'll let you know...
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

BBP wrote:So... I'm now on KQ2, if I find anything interesting I'll let you know...
:lol:

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Of note so far:

-The words in words.tok are ordered alphabetically. Because whoever created the vocabulary made sure that the first word in alphabetical order in the description for "female character" is "bitch", women are referred to as "bitch" throughout the scripts. All male characters are referred to as "count dracula". All buildings are "antique shop".

-Typing "What is Graham's last name?" will get the response "Cracker."
-You can try giving Grandma ham or treasure;
-You'll also get funny responses from wearing the bridle, using the phrase "Abracadabra" or "open Sesame" on the clam, talking to the seahorse at Neptune, doing anything with Batman, and looking around while Dracula is chasing you.
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

The order of the vocabulary in the WORDS.TOK means little. It has nothing to do with the order which they will be used. It is like a dictionary that lets the game recognize user input. The WORDS.TOK is a collection of arrays of strings. Every string in each array or group are like synonyms and are treaded equally. So the game will treat the user input of "woman" the same as if the user had typed "sp*rm burping gutter sl*t".

adeyke
Oldbie

Post by adeyke »

It doesn't have any relevance for playing the game, but it does for looking at the scripts in AGI Studio. The logic there will use the first entry in the words.tok list, rather than the one that's most appropriate.

However, I don't think the fact that that's the first word, alphabetically, has any significance. The games are made to be played, not to be looked at in AGI Studio. And I very much doubt that they had to type the first word each time when writing it. I'm assuming, rather, that they could use any word and that this would then be translated to an index in words.tok. AGI Studio then translates this index back into a word, and that just defaults to the first one in the list.

So including those words is an ugly, misognyistic thing to do. But the fact that one of them is first alphabetically doesn't really mean anything.

Return to “The Bard's Forum”