[Masquerade Locked] 2nd Annual Guess Who Masquerade Ball!

"MASQ Of Eternity" is our traditional Halloween event. It's essentially a "Virtual Masquerade." Please see the FAQ in the forum.
*Nero Wolfe
Masquerade

Re: The Official Second Annual Guess Who Masquerade Ball Thr

Post by *Nero Wolfe »

I do indeed moonlight as the elf-prince El Ravager.

I must say I am impressed with your disguises, although honestly compels me to confess that I had you all pegged some time ago. I failed to participate in the guessing only because I thought it unfair; I am a professional, as you all know.

That being said, Snooki had me completely fooled. If Mr. Goodwin ever finds out that he had you unmasked and I did not, I'll never hear the end of it. SO KINDLY KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!

Goodnight.
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

Glen here.

I didn't drop much hints, as I found it difficult to come up with words that start with a specific letter that would describe me. Slightly frustrating as I could come up with Dutch words all the time!

I believe doktel wanted to know how I guessed her. Well the descriptions you said in the A-Z had a feminine tone to them and you were the only person left on my guess list that/who was a woman.

I was so sure about BBP being Master Jedi :(
Jules gave so many hints that even I managed to guess her :)

I didn't have a clue who snooki was, nor Gary. I attributed both to collector.

Well cheerup Tawmis, I didn't get your hints, so you managed to fool at least one person.
dotkel50
Village Elder

Post by dotkel50 »

That leaves Collector and Andrea...do you guys wannna reveal yourselves?
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Wow Jules, great job! I had absolutely no idea who Mojo Jojo was, I guessed there was a European behind the mask. On the other hand your posts did show it'd be someone who speaks English well.

Whoa. I've been flirting with Jules. Lots.

I'm surprised how many people guessed I was Nero Wolfe, never heard of him. Or Glen. Or Snooki. Or Marvin. Or Wimpy. Or Sequel Police. I barely know myStar Wars or PowerPuff girls.Kinda ruins the fun. Maybe I'm living under rock here. Nor am I familiar with the location of Edmonton, AB, Datadog. I thought you lived in Alabama or something.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I was Master Jedi! :lol:

Here the clues I gave in the Alphabet game:

- Books: because I read lots of them
- Europe: it goes without saying
- Hotel: indeed my favorite boardgame growing up, and the linked image was the Italian version
- Oscar Wilde: one of my favorite writers
- Vampire: I'm an avid Vampire: The Masquerade RPG player, as Tawm should know, and I adore everything vampire, from Anne Rice to True Blood.
- Middle Earth: just to say that I'm also a fantasy buff

In the Which game I chose Andrew Lloyd Webber (I'm a huge musical fan) and asked, obviously, about Gabriel and Grace. Then I chose King's Quest over Space Quest (my least favorite Sierra series). Then I asked about Sherlock Holmes (whose short stories and novels I'm currently reading) and Nero Wolfe (whose novels dotkel recommended to me). And of course it was me that asked to choose between Tawmis and Collector! :D

Anyway, only BBP and Datadog guessed me correctly :D
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
dotkel50
Village Elder

Post by dotkel50 »

El Ravager, you were a perfect Nero Wolfe. I'm currently reading the books and re-watching the A&E series.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

AndreaDraco wrote:I was Master Jedi! :lol:

Anyway, only BBP and Datadog guessed me correctly :D
It was the Vampire hint that dropped the ball for me, and after that all the other clues tied in...
Great to hear you love Oscar Wilde! I'm a huge fan of Importance of Being Earnest, went to see it twice in the theatre.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: never heard of Sequel Police
Have you never played Space Quest 4?
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I own that game but I never played it. Same with SQ6 and KQ 1 to 6 and the Laura Bow games etc. I'm still too busy playing with Gabriel Knight!
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

I was Wimpy.

BBP, I envy you. Two of the games that list are two of the very best Sierra adventure games. To be able to play them for the very first time would be wonderful. Keep in mind that KQ6 is actually a Jane Jensen game and it shows. It has fun puzzles and a involving story with great dialog.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Datadog wrote:Also, I find it very, very depressing that no one was able to guess my costume.
Depressing? More like a victory for stumping everyone! :)

Qbix wrote:Jules gave so many hints that even I managed to guess her :)
Really? Which ones? And here I thought I was being so sneaky! :lol:
BBP wrote:Wow Jules, great job! I had absolutely no idea who Mojo Jojo was, I guessed there was a European behind the mask. On the other hand your posts did show it'd be someone who speaks English well.
Thank you! :D The Powerpuff Girls was an American cartoon and Mojo Jojo is of Asian origin, if you could tell by his accent in the video I posted. We don't get the full effect of Mr. Jojo until you hear his amusing accent, usage of phrases and grammar. :D
BBP wrote:Whoa. I've been flirting with Jules. Lots.
:lol: So you have! You really tricked me too! Funny how two girls chose two males as their masks.

Andrea, I was certain Master Jedi was Jasef! You fooled me!

And Collector, I should've known you were Wimpy from the wallet and other PPG images. ;)
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

BBP wrote:never heard of him. Or Marvin.
Wikipedia wrote:Marvin, the Paranoid Android is a fictional character in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. Marvin is the ship's robot aboard the starship Heart of Gold. He was built as a failed prototype of Sirius Cybernetics Corporation's GPP (Genuine People Personalities) technology. Marvin is afflicted with severe depression and boredom, in part because he has a "brain the size of a planet" which he is seldom (if ever) given the chance to use.
Hope that clears up one mystery!
Qbix wrote:Glen here.
Who is Glen anyway?
Last edited by Datadog on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Jules wrote:And Collector, I should've known you were Wimpy from the wallet and other PPG images. ;)
Those were my hints. It was fun trading PPG visual barbs.

And Datadog, I only have one thing to say to you: "42".
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

Datadog wrote: Hope that clears up one mystery!
Qbix wrote:Glen here.
Who is Glen anyway?
Ah well, to be honest, I missed the convention of using a famous character. So I just picked a name Glen. At one point, somebody told me I didn't have an avatar, so I googled on the name
"Glen" and came up with this picture. The person in the picture makes music. I listened to a song and it is not really my style.
Glen was simply a braindead flirting guy. The music references were added once I discovered that he is a singer.

Jules, The hints in the A-Z game. Some of them matched your profile interests exactly. (culinary <=>cooking) and the lean, quick, agile with the vote for me pictures you posted and of course
the fact that first thing you revealed about yourselves was "games".
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Hey Qbix, that sounds familiar! I had that problem last year. I had the name *NothingMatters and later attached that U/N to Morla from Neverending Story.
Skip to new scripts

Return to “MASQ Of Eternity”