Started GK3

Voodoo got the best of you? Need a hint? Want to talk about Gabriel Knight? This is the place to do it!
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Re: Started GK3

Post by QuestCollector »

Ok, here is the point I'm at and I'm stuck again. I have completed the outfit to look like Mosely: hat, mustache, coat. What I can't figure out how to do it, is when you call him down to the lobby to swipe his passport. It always says he's already seen me and I've covered like every square inch of the lobby floor it seems like.

Please try to be somewhat vague with the hint.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Have you noticed that Mosely seems to fancy the lobby's candies?
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

Six months later and I've decided to startup GK3 again from where I left off. Good thing I kept my notes to the game or I would have been lost.

I'm now up to day 2 on the 10am-12pm block and I'm searching everyones hotel room

The game is really starting to flow now and it seems like I've been moving quickly. I may have possibly missed a few things along the way. I had to go back once to record Abbe's phone conversation once I found out all what Sidney was about.

I did get in one major jam at one point though. I couldn't get the tour started and I figured I'd done everything in town. I talked to Abbe, got the church brochure, the fingerprint kit, picked up the book outside the door. Then I was searching on Sidney and I must have searched something that gave me points because the tour started after that...

Oh. Using the fingerprint kit also took a while to figure out how to use it.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

When replaying GK3 for the twentieth time or so, I had the same problem, and since I had made that GK3 script and a companion with walkthrough, that was a bit embarrassing. The thing you must do is: read your mail.
Anyone else get that Wikipedia addiction with SIDNEY? When you're hopping between articles?
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

BBP wrote: Anyone else get that Wikipedia addiction with SIDNEY? When you're hopping between articles?
Absolutely ;)
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

In a bit of a jam solving the map right now. I've already got the line from the church and Blanchefort drawn onto the map. I've also placed my circle on the map with the points and now I've just placed the square on the map and stretched it like the geometric shape on the parchment.

I know the statue in the church where you trace the line on the statue near the door is how the square is supposed to look. It's the only square I remember seeing so far. I'm not sure where to place the points now or if I'm supposed to place any at all. I have a piece of paper copied the Sidney (the cipher) that mentions blue apples I believe. So I'm guessing to begin the points at the vineyard?
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Yeah that is a bit of a mean one, first you have to select two points and analyze them before Grace "gets the angle". The first time I played it I turned that square all the way round before I figured it out. (And then I realized that because a square is symmetric I would only have had to torn it 90 degrees to come to the same conclusion. Some days you just feel stupid.)
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

Return to “The Gabriel Knight Series”