My claim to fame.

Slipping into your Leisure Suit? Need tips? Or just want to discuss Leisure Suit Larry (Ladies, try to keep the swooning to a minimum, please!) - this is the place to do it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: My claim to fame.

Post by Tawmis »

Rudy wrote:Awesome :) !

Sierra/Dynamix News Magazine, volume 4, number 2, page 59 ;)
Wow! You went through and found the page and everything? :)

I keep waiting for those people doing the Sierra/InterAction Resurrection (or whatever) to get the issues online. I heard eons ago that a group of them were converting them all to PDF to make them available. And I'd love a PDF copy of this magazine. Mine has long, long, long since gotten severel beaten and torn and messed up.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

What year?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Tawmis: You obviously did not check the publications on the Sierra Chest website yet ;). Don't get too excited yet though, lol. So far only 7 catalogues have been inserted. The magazines will follow. Tell you what, i'll insert the one with your picture first ;).

Collector: 1991
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

The project is on Ken Williams' site, but they only have the fall issue for 1991.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rudy wrote:Tawmis: You obviously did not check the publications on the Sierra Chest website yet ;). Don't get too excited yet though, lol. So far only 7 catalogues have been inserted. The magazines will follow. Tell you what, i'll insert the one with your picture first ;).

Collector: 1991
That would rock. :) Mine is way too mangled to ever make a good PDF out of it.

I can't remember - but some of my "user cartoons" may have made it into some of the magazines... I used to be in constant contact with Bridget McKenna (I can't believe I still remember her name)...
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

awesome picture of you!

That picture matches my imagination of how Larry looked in the first part.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Qbix wrote:awesome picture of you!

That picture matches my imagination of how Larry looked in the first part.
Well if anyone ever wants to do a FMV LSL game, contact me. :lol:

I can never tell if it's a good thing that I looked like how Larry probably looked in LSL1... granted there was some effort there (I'd never wear a white t-shirt, black tie, and white pants, for the first thing) - and that was an overly exaggerated smile, and the hair was a heavy comb to the side... :D

But still... :lol:
Andy Roark
Sierra Lover

Post by Andy Roark »

All the issues of InterAction:

http://sierra.gracenroark.net/index.php?pr=InterAction

The specific issue in question:

http://sierra.gracenroark.net/interacti ... r_1991.pdf

This is beyond cool. Way to own up to it.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

I don't know if anyone has caught this yet, but in the Winter 1988 issue (volume 1, number 4) of the Sierra Newsletter, there's a humorous mistake on page 2 when introducing Gold Rush! Look at the third paragraph down and read the first sentence, which starts off with "Players take on the role..."

You'll see what I mean. ;)
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Holy cow! Good eye there!
Players take on the role of an east coast gentlemen in the early 1950's, a time when the west was wild and life was tough on the new frontier.
The 50's were hard on everybody. You can blame it all on "rock and roll."
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

:lol:

Good eye indeed, DPX!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

Tawmis wrote:
Jules wrote:/totally did a double take!! :shock:
At first I thought, "Who's THAT nerd dressing up like Larry? Matthew Broderick??"
LOL Tawm, you made a very cute Larry Laffer!
I can't tell if I am insulted or flattered... there's a conflict of NERD and then Matthew Broderick (who I actually loved in the movie LADYHAWKE... he played such a great character)...
I laughed when I read Jules comment. :mrgreen: Then I agreed with your comment about Matthew Broderick in Ladyhawke. :D I love his character in that movie! Phillippe the mouse is so cunningly humorous.

Tawmis, I can't believe how different you look without a beard. That's pretty neat that they were inspired by the photo to have a contest.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Andy Roark wrote:All the issues of InterAction:
http://sierra.gracenroark.net/index.php?pr=InterAction
The specific issue in question:
http://sierra.gracenroark.net/interacti ... r_1991.pdf
This is beyond cool. Way to own up to it.
You sir, Rock my Rolls! And roll my Rocks!
Maiandra wrote:
Tawmis wrote:
Jules wrote:/totally did a double take!! :shock:
At first I thought, "Who's THAT nerd dressing up like Larry? Matthew Broderick??"
LOL Tawm, you made a very cute Larry Laffer!
I can't tell if I am insulted or flattered... there's a conflict of NERD and then Matthew Broderick (who I actually loved in the movie LADYHAWKE... he played such a great character)...
I laughed when I read Jules comment. :mrgreen: Then I agreed with your comment about Matthew Broderick in Ladyhawke. :D I love his character in that movie! Phillippe the mouse is so cunningly humorous.
Tawmis, I can't believe how different you look without a beard. That's pretty neat that they were inspired by the photo to have a contest.
Ha! Yeah! I usually have the beard for most of the year; and definitely around Halloween time, grown out all scruffy for the pirate get up! Clean cut pirates? Unheard of, I say! But like right now, the beard is gone again (replaced by the Insta-5 O'Clock Shadow 2000 (TM)...) :lol:

Yeah, I thought it was cool that my silly picture inspired it. I used to be in constant contact with Bridget McKenna (can't believe I still remember her name) back then - nicest woman ever. Always took the time to write me back when I submitted those little cartoons - I think one or two may have been used, that I can't remember for certain. I am sure she had a heavy hand in the whole LSL contest...

If you look, you can see where they even did some minor edits (where my eyes are looking, my arm's lifted a little to be on the bar, obviously the "wine" in the glass) when you look at the two (on the first page). I am just glad I still had a copy of the original photo, considering it was pretty long ago (before the era of digital cameras, obviously!) I have been scanning all my regular photos to digital format (did the same thing with all the VHS home video stuff).

Return to “The Leisure Suit Larry Series”