It's Friday... Friday... Looking for the weekend...

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

It's Friday... Friday... Looking for the weekend...

Post by Tawmis »

Worse Song Ever?

In one day, she had 2.2 million views. Currently, she's at 6.4 million views. :lol:
dotkel50
Village Elder

Re: It's Friday... Friday... Looking for the weekend...

Post by dotkel50 »

Not only is the song bad, but her voice is excessively annoying. ...... goes looking for some Bonnie Raitt cd's.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

dotkel50 wrote:Not only is the song bad, but her voice is excessively annoying. ...... goes looking for some Bonnie Raitt cd's.
It's her voice that kills me. If I press my finger against my throat, I can almost reproduce the sound of her "singing" voice.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I had to stop listening at 1:07. I just couldn't take anymore of her whiny, high-pitched, annoying voice.

"Yesterday was Thursday, today is Friday, Saturday's tomorrow and Sunday's afterwards"-- gee, what intelligent, incisive lyrics. :roll: Thanks for enlightening us. I always thought Friday came after Sunday. :roll: And she can't even pronounce "Friday" properly.

If this girl came from the same stable that produced Justin "Punch me in the face NOW!" Bieber, I'm not surprised. She makes me want to look into one of her ears, just to check if I can see daylight out the other end. :P
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Rebecca Black and her singing nasals!
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

It's impossible for this to be the worst song ever since I didn't once hear the word "slizzered" anywhere.

And to be honest, the badness level of this is just so perfect. I managed to sit through the whole thing with a dumb smile on my face, which is more than I can say for any Justin Bieber song. It's like I just watched "Spice World: Abridged," where a 90-minute disaster is compressed into 3 minutes of solid face-palming hilarity.

But I will give Rebecca Black credit: explaining the sequential order of Thursday through Sunday is still somewhat more intelligent than listening to the Black-Eyed Peas rhyme every day of the week with the other days of the week.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

What's amazing - is this girl took that song - and made it sound good. And she's just this young kid... she actually makes it VERY tolerable...

Kalie Shorr does "Friday".
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

[rant]
Badness in music is not new, and it has always had some form of popularity. For instance:
Florence Foster Jenkins - Der Holle Rache. Jenkins's life story has been glued on and popularized: allegedly she was once hit by a cab, and after that her voice suddenly became higher, so she sent the cab driver a box of cigars to thank him. That probably never happened, but she was a wealthy woman who recorded about 8 songs (all available on Naxos's release "Murder On The High C's") and considered herself a great singer.
Her popularity? Besides from still selling, she performed in a sold out Carnegie Hall.

This equally bad performance is more recent, but gets a lot of viewers nonetheless.

The Portsmouth Sinfonia made three well-selling records of popular classical tunes at their worst. All musicians on it either never touched an instrument, or played an instrument that was completely new to them.

Mrs Miller - Downtown
Her first album sold 250,000 copies in the first three weeks.

Badness is what the whole first few weeks of American Idol and all its incarnations is based on.

Worst song ever? I still vote for the Belgian (sorry Rudy) Eurovision 2008 entry. I'd type the title but the song would get in my head. I'd post a Youtube link but it'd mean I'd have to listen to it again.
[/rant]
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
dotkel50
Village Elder

Post by dotkel50 »

People blame the problems the record companies are having with sales on music downloading/sharing but I think the problem is that the music just sucks. I know i'm old but rap music? Really? It's not music, it's rhythmic talking/swearing. There's no singing going on there. Can anyone hum a few bars of any rap song? Most of the music you hear played in any commercial is from some old 60's/70's record/cd. And some of the biggest selling acts on tour are groups from that era as well. The last cd I bought was 2 years ago, and it was Dusty Springfield's Ultimate Collection. For those of you who have never heard of her she was a huge pop star back in the 60's. She came over to the US along with the British invasion after the Beatles played on Ed Sullivan's show. Some of her old performance are on Youtube, if you wanna hear some great tunes sung by a fantastic singer.

End of rant. ;)
El Ravager
Sierra Obsessed

Post by El Ravager »

:o Umm...wow. I'm speechless. Utterly horrified and speechless.
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Oh man, I can't stop laughing with those links BBP provided :lol: . I never heard the Belgian Eurovision 2008 song. Just looked it up. Wish I hadn't... :?
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Now we know why you moved to Slovenia... :)
(cue Neil Ross: Ugh! I think we ALL could see THAT one coming!)

Noticed several of you mentioned her voice as being a nuisance. Probably since it's been too "boxed", the AutoTune machine is really heavy on it. I wonder if it filters out overtones as well as off-key notes, so it causes flatness.
http://www.hometracked.com/2008/02/05/a ... -examples/
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

BBP wrote:Now we know why you moved to Slovenia... :)
(cue Neil Ross: Ugh! I think we ALL could see THAT one coming!)
Yeah... and then this happened :shock:

But the worst of all was THIS. See Belgium? Nice on that first spot eh :) ? Yeah well... just wait for Slovenia to cast the final votes of the Eurosong :(. My wife is still teasing me with that to this day.
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

The thing that hurts me the most is that, at the beginning, they dare quote The Cure with "Friday I'm in love."
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

BBP wrote:[rant]
Badness in music is not new, and it has always had some form of popularity. For instance:
Florence Foster Jenkins - Der Holle Rache. Jenkins's life story has been glued on and popularized: allegedly she was once hit by a cab, and after that her voice suddenly became higher, so she sent the cab driver a box of cigars to thank him. That probably never happened, but she was a wealthy woman who recorded about 8 songs (all available on Naxos's release "Murder On The High C's") and considered herself a great singer.
Her popularity? Besides from still selling, she performed in a sold out Carnegie Hall.
UGH! I couldn't listen to more than a few seconds of this, and I'm semi-professional. Murder on the High C's is right!
BBP wrote:The Portsmouth Sinfonia made three well-selling records of popular classical tunes at their worst. All musicians on it either never touched an instrument, or played an instrument that was completely new to them.
Again, I couldn't listen to more than a few seconds of this. I know how Zarathustra is supposed to go - this isn't it. No one in the orchestra can play. I couldn't listen without wincing.
BBP wrote:Mrs Miller - Downtown Her first album sold 250,000 copies in the first three weeks.[/rant]
This is slightly better. Mrs Miller has a horrible vibrato, and her voice is a bit shaky, but still... she's still nowhere as good as this. ;)

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”