What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Collector »

DeadPoolX wrote:My one issue with PQ1VGA in DOSBox is that it seems to run terribly slow. Is there anything I can do about that?
I am assuming that you have played around with the DOSBox settings, cycles, cores, frame skips, etc.? What have you tried so far?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

That is odd. Because I am playing (off and on, all of them) off the most current collections in DOSBox, and it's fine?

Without even changing anything in DOSBox...
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Tawmis wrote:That is odd. Because I am playing (off and on, all of them) off the most current collections in DOSBox, and it's fine?

Without even changing anything in DOSBox...
For the new collection patch and for the 4 Most Wanted installer Out side of the autoexec section for mounting, etc., about the only thing that I change in the dosbox.conf is to use aspect, the 3x render, set cycles down to about 8000 (to avoid the "Unable to initialize your audio hardware" error) and I set core to normal. Oh, I do set machine to Tandy for the AGI games, too.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

Hmm thats odd. Im currently running Pq1vga with 8500 cycles and dynamic CPU and its running fine with those settings and thats running with the DOSBox .70 patches updated to to run with DOSBox .72
FREEZE SCUM!!
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Just booted up Quest For Glory 1 VGA today. Starting out as a fighter and I'm going to go through all five games in a row with this character.
Lynda
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by Lynda »

Tawmis wrote:
AndreaDraco wrote:I've to go with the Mage Guild Quests ;)
Not even found that yet - but could I even do it? I selected Knight as my class - but my race is... ugh - forgetting the name - but I am able to cast fireballs and heal myself (so far)...
You can join all the guilds. I recommend waiting to do the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood ones until later, maybe even after the main quest, because your reputation points go down when you do naughty things. This can make it difficult for you to communicate with NPC's and get the desired results.

Or, especially in the Dark Brotherhood storyline, you can actually kill off NPC's that may come in handy later. This is not a problem if you're on PC because you can re-spawn them into the game.

This re-spawning feature is definitely handy if a certain butler "suicides" off the bridge before you've purchased a home in a certain town!
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fishburger and realize, Oh my God...I could be eating a slow learner..."
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

Well I just started GK3 finally and Im up to the final time block of day 1.
FREEZE SCUM!!
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

You've already surpassed the infamous cat-mustache puzzle. Now everything will be just perfect!

What are your thoughts so far?
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Fender_178 wrote:Well I just started GK3 finally and Im up to the final time block of day 1.
I envy you. Wish i could play that one for the first time again. You have many surpises and hard puzzles coming at you ;).
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

I just finished Jade Empire and I have to admit, I was a little disappointed by the way they did the ending (as I was with most RPGs I've played lately). It would be more satisfying to have a short follow up dialogue scene with your most important party members instead of just the short "yay! you won!" movie and text epilogues. I realise using text was effective in Baldur's Gate 2 and everyone loved it then, but would it really kill them to take advantage of the fact that they can have attractive in-game cinematics now?

Other than that complaint, I did really like the game. It had an enjoyable story and characters, beautiful settings, and was fun to play.

Now it's a toss up between Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Bioshock.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Maiandra wrote:I just finished Jade Empire and I have to admit, I was a little disappointed by the way they did the ending (as I was with most RPGs I've played lately). It would be more satisfying to have a short follow up dialogue scene with your most important party members instead of just the short "yay! you won!" movie and text epilogues. I realise using text was effective in Baldur's Gate 2 and everyone loved it then, but would it really kill them to take advantage of the fact that they can have attractive in-game cinematics now?

Other than that complaint, I did really like the game. It had an enjoyable story and characters, beautiful settings, and was fun to play.

Now it's a toss up between Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Bioshock.
How about "Bio Cell: Double Agent Splinter Shock" instead? :mrgreen:
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

AndreaDraco wrote:You've already surpassed the infamous cat-mustache puzzle. Now everything will be just perfect!

What are your thoughts so far?
Its very good so far. Im up to day 2 the 2pm block which some people call the Five Minute Timer block.
FREEZE SCUM!!
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Uhm... I don't remember... Why is it called like that? :shock:
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Still mostly playing GEARS OF WAR 2 on INSANE mode... and wow - we hit a dead spot that was owning us last night... I was in tears laughing so hard.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Maia and I are having an incredibly hard time defeating Tabuu, the final boss in Super Smash Bros Brawl. The actual combat isn't too difficult, but Tabuu is uber-cheap. He uses abilities that teleport him across the screen and to make matters worse, he has a couple of attacks that are impossible to avoid or block and are one-hit kills.

So far, we've managed to reduce his health to about 25%, but that's on EASY mode. I'd hate to see what the INSANE mode is like.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”