No Longer Airing.

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: No Longer Airing.

Post by Tawmis »

Datadog wrote:
DeadPoolX wrote:One thing that's always interested me is that hese sorts of action scenes (in cartoons and movies) is the unbelievable amount of damage done to the city and probably civilians, as well.
Whenever the hero knocks down a building, I just pretend no one's home. Like they all went to the lake for the weekend and are in for a surprise when they get back.
So in that one fight scene - about 300 people were all at the same lake? :D
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Tawmis wrote:
Datadog wrote:
DeadPoolX wrote:One thing that's always interested me is that hese sorts of action scenes (in cartoons and movies) is the unbelievable amount of damage done to the city and probably civilians, as well.
Whenever the hero knocks down a building, I just pretend no one's home. Like they all went to the lake for the weekend and are in for a surprise when they get back.
It's a very popular lake. Great fishing. 8-)
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Akril
Sierra Veteran

Post by Akril »

Practically all of my favorite TV shows are either cancelled and/or no longer airing...and I actually don't really have any favorites I can name at the moment besides MacGyver* and Mystery Science Theater 3000.

*Incidentally, Lost in Time has several puzzles that were copied almost exactly from the ones in MacGyver. There's a veritable font** of adventure game puzzle ideas in that show.

EDIT: **Maybe that wasn't the best word to use on a message board. "Font" in this particular context means "fountain" or "source". Sorry about that.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

DeadPoolX on Marvel Comics wrote: The Winter Soldier, right?
Yeah, I didn't like it when they revived Bucky. He was one of the very few characters that stayed dead. I suppose the only person in comics to really remain deceased would be Uncle Ben (Spider-Man's uncle).
Yeah. Captain Mar-Vell is still technically dead. The one that emerged from Secret Invasion (the next big thing after Civil War) appears to have been from some kind of different reality or something (didn't follow it, really - simply can't afford criss crossing massive cross overs - appreciate the idea of tying all these comics together in a shared universe - but just too expensive to collect). But yes, Bucky became Winter Soldier, killed Nomad (a character I always enjoyed, especially after Fabian wrote him - both in his Limited & Ongoing Series, and plus what he did with him in Thunderbolts) - and they let some hack writer (I won't even go into my problems with him) take all this hard work and ruin it for a throw away scene that simply has NO logic to it. (Why did Bucky kill Nomad? And why was Nomad - Cap's side kick - so easily taken out? And why did he have nothing going on that he had from his last appearance?) *shakes head* I hate Marvel, sometimes...
DeadPoolX on Cartoons wrote: Except for The Tick, I'd have to agree. I sometimes watched that show, but overall, it didn't seem too funny to me. There was one episode involving Aztecs (or something) which made me laugh.
You didn't like The Tick?
Wow. To me that's some of the best comedy writing in cartoons - ever.
I own Season 1 and Season 2 on DVD... and watch it all the time.
The Mustache Episode and the Gingerbread Episode are to die for.
DeadPoolX wrote: When I was little, I was a huge He-Man fan. So much so that my dad looked all over to find me a He-Man sword. At the time, was sick and when he gave it to me, both my mom and my dad said I was extremely happy.
*proudly owns all the official He-Man seasons on DVD*

Yeah. I am still a kid.
DeadPoolX wrote: I think the above might have influenced my love of swords. I have a real sword collection and it's absolutely awesome. I started collecting when I was in junior high. My mom was always on my case to "stop playing with your swords."
I collect swords and daggers as well - but I'd wager your collection is probably more vast and impressive than mine!
DeadPoolX wrote: One interesting tidbit of information is that Duke was originally supposed to die in the G.I. Joe Movie, but they decided on severely wounding him instead. Apparently, a lot of kids were very upset when Optimus Prime died in the 1986 Transformers animated movie. So much so that parents called in complaining.
One of my favorite (then) bands plays the theme for the Transformers movie (from the cartoon movie, not the live action). :)
DeadPoolX wrote:
Tawmis wrote:
Datadog wrote:
It's a very popular lake. Great fishing. 8-)
Apparently!

:lol:
the_doctor
Sierra Lover

Post by the_doctor »

DeadPoolX wrote:I still don't understand why Ratchet is a hummer and not an ambulance.
probably because GM didn't make ambulances. They would have tried to change Optimus to a Chevy truck if the people wouldn't have totally lynched them for it.
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Akril wrote:Practically all of my favorite TV shows are either cancelled and/or no longer airing...and I actually don't really have any favorites I can name at the moment besides MacGyver* and Mystery Science Theater 3000.
I never got the opportunity to watch the MST3K series. I really wish they'd bring back reruns of that.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

the_doctor wrote:
DeadPoolX wrote:I still don't understand why Ratchet is a hummer and not an ambulance.
probably because GM didn't make ambulances. They would have tried to change Optimus to a Chevy truck if the people wouldn't have totally lynched them for it.
That's a good point. I hadn't noticed that all of the Autobots were GM-made vehicles.

Naturally, the Decepticons were more military-based. Originally, I was a little disappointed that Megatron wouldn't transform into a gun, but after thinking about it, that wouldn't make much sense in a live-action movie.

Megatron's transformation into a gun didn't even make complete sense in the cartoon. Sometimes he'd be large enough for Starscream to hold and, if I remember correctly, Spike once wielded him, as well. How did Megatron even transform into a gun, anyway?

Galvatron made more sense, although he was annoying. I liked Leonard Nimoy voicing him in the 1986 movie, but after that... Frank Welker's rendition was awful.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
abyss
Sierra Fan

Post by abyss »

I liked the show Animal Crackers. The satire they threw into it was excellent.
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

The old TMNT cartoon from the 80s which they are releasing on dvd.
I would say Muppet Babies a Jim Henson classic.
FREEZE SCUM!!
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

Lets see... I loved the series Due South. That was cleverly hilarious. DaVinci's Inquest was really well done. Normally I don't like crime dramas, but this one had a different feel than the other ones on TV.

I also really liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

There was one really wonderful, short-lived series in the early 90s that I loved, Moon Over Miami. It had a great jazzy soundtrack and a lot of fun banter between the two main characters.

Two comedy shows that I really liked were The Newsroom and Twitch City. The former was irreverently humorous and the latter was just plain bizarre. Neither like a generic sit-com at all. Unfortunately, I was never able to see all the episodes of either.

Oh, and I love the old Scooby Doo cartoons where they have the entire gang. :D
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
the_doctor
Sierra Lover

Post by the_doctor »

Datadog wrote:
Akril wrote:Practically all of my favorite TV shows are either cancelled and/or no longer airing...and I actually don't really have any favorites I can name at the moment besides MacGyver* and Mystery Science Theater 3000.
I never got the opportunity to watch the MST3K series. I really wish they'd bring back reruns of that.
if you want something similiar (its most of the original cast) check out Cinematic Titanic.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”