Who did you marry in QFG5?

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Who did you marry in QFG5?

Post by DeadPoolX »

NOTE: I'm writing this while I have a migraine and the medication is starting to take effect. In other words, my mind is cloudy and my vision is a little blurred. If I make a lot of spelling or grammatical errors, this is why.

If you've played through QFG5 at least once, chances are you chose one of the following four women -- Elsa, Erana, Katrina or Nawar -- as your bride. If you haven't and/or didn't know you could do this, go play the damn game already! :P

As far as I know, here's who will marry which class:

ELSA
Fighter - Yes (paired match)
Wizard - Yes
Thief - Yes
Paladin - Yes

ERANA
Fighter - Yes
Wizard - Yes
Thief - No
Paladin - Yes (paired match)

KATRINA
Fighter - Yes
Wizard - Yes (paired match)
Thief - Yes (paired match)
Paladin - No

NAWAR
Fighter - Yes
Wizard - Yes
Thief - Yes (paired match)
Paladin - Yes (although this doesn't really make much sense)

If I'm wrong on any of these, please correct me. :)

Also, I'd like to know how the women view multi-classed characters, like a Fighter/Thief. Would Erana say "no" because you have Thief skills or does that only happen if you chose Thief as your initial class?

Anyway... I played through QFG5 with every class; in fact, the only other QFG game I did that with was HQ/QFG1. I enjoyed playing the Paladin the most in QFG5 because his powers were so useful. The whole honor system was a little annoying, but at least it wasn't as bad as in some other games.

Despite having played all four classes, each time I married Elsa.

Why? For starters, she's a strong, self-assured young woman who isn't a damsel in distress. Don't get me wrong, that's fun every so often (in fact, the Hero rescued her at the end of QFG1), but in the Hero's line of work, he does enough rescuing. He doesn't need a girlfriend or wife who's kidnapped as often as Lois Lane or April O'Neil.

Aside from the previously mentioned traits, she's a character you met early on. I like the continuity. Beyond that, I like her attitude and personality. She can be a tough warrior one moment and a slightly embarrassed girl (while getting courted by the Hero) the next, which is amusing, if nothing else.

What about the other three?

Well, I didn't really like Erana -- she seemed too "goody-goody" for me. Yes, even my Paladin felt that way.

Nawar just felt "wrong" somehow. I didn't have a problem with her as a person (or even just a friend), but I didn't like her as a girlfriend/wife of the Hero. I suppose she could be his mistress if he were so inclined. I wouldn't recommend that if you marry Elsa or Katrina, though, as I have a feeling their revenge would leave the Hero sounding like Alvin from Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I didn't go with Katrina either, mostly because she was bugged. I realize that's been fixed now, so if I did replay it, I might give her a shot when playing through as a Wizard.

So for the relative few of you who've managed to make it this far and put up with my long-winded post: Who did you marry? Why?
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
envisge0ne
Sierra Veteran

Re: Who did you marry in QFG5?

Post by envisge0ne »

You typed all that with a lingering migraine? Kudos to you! You're a much stronger person than I. Good job :)

On a personal note, I've never got very far with QFG5. I always kinda lost interest in it. Someday I'll try to force myself to get through the whole game
Maxor127
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Maxor127 »

I chose Katrina as a thief. In fact, I think I heard about marrying her/rescuing her before the game came out, so I had my mind made up from the very beginning. Maybe it's because she connects with you on a personal level in QFG4 and because she's kind of a tragic figure. I liked her and felt bad for her. I agree, Erana seemed too goody goody, even though I feel bad for not saving her.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

It's been a while but I think I went with Katrina, because I really, really liked her character and her story in QfGIV.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

The first few times I played QfG5, I tried them all (except Katrina, whose horrible accent ruined it for me). :(

After that, it depended... if I played a thief, I'd pick Nawar (who seems to fit the thief somehow). If I played any other class, I picked Erana (because she gives you a useful spell). :P
Tallin
Noob

Post by Tallin »

Just a note: marrying Katrina is possible for the thief, but it can be difficult if you actually want to be a thief. I believe robbing the bank (perhaps the second time) is the sticking point, but if you do so, Katrina will say something along the lines of: "You can steal many things, but you can't steaI my heart. I could never marry someone who deceives everyone he cares about!" Up to that point, the relationship will proceed just fine, but when you propose you'll get this response. This may be different with the 1.1 patch. I don't think marrying Katrina was possible at all with 1.0, but I may be wrong.
Maxor127
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Maxor127 »

I married her fine as a thief. But I don't remember what I did since it was over 10 years ago.
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

DPX: Gets a migraine, thinks about marriage
Rudy: Thinks about marriage, gets a migraine

:lol:
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
ktchong
Noob

Post by ktchong »

Tallin wrote:Just a note: marrying Katrina is possible for the thief, but it can be difficult if you actually want to be a thief. I believe robbing the bank (perhaps the second time) is the sticking point, but if you do so, Katrina will say something along the lines of: "You can steal many things, but you can't steaI my heart. I could never marry someone who deceives everyone he cares about!" Up to that point, the relationship will proceed just fine, but when you propose you'll get this response. This may be different with the 1.1 patch. I don't think marrying Katrina was possible at all with 1.0, but I may be wrong.
That is not what I have been reading. I read that Katrina would not marry the hero if he had any "thief skills" (or if he was a Paladin.) What exactly counted as "thief skills" was unspecified. Lockpicking definitely count as a thief skill. Does stealth count as a thief skill and therefore prevent the hero from marrying Katrina? Does any of throwing, climbing and acrobatic count as a thief skill?

Does anyone here know?
Maxor127
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Maxor127 »

All I know is that I was a thief and I'm sure I did all of the thief quests, and I was able to marry Katrina.
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

My game froze whenever that guy killed himself, so never got around to finish the game. However, I played as the paladin and I tried to woo Nawar, I think it was mostly because she was the first one I descovered you could flirt with and i had no idear what I was doing :P . However, I think she turned my paladin down for some reason. As I recall, I then started reading somewhere about the whole marriage thing and that Erana (whom I hadn't met at that point) was ideal for the paladin. Unfortunatly, even if she wasn't beyond accepting gifts and flirting with the paladin, when he tried proposing, she said that his heart belonged to another and turned him down aswell. So I'm not sure my poor paladin would get to marry anyone, had I ever had the chance to finish the game.
mtl_max
Noob

Post by mtl_max »

As a wizard with thieves' skills, (all maxed out, obviously ;) ), I opted for polygamy: Erana, Nawar, Elsa (which, I believe, is also the order you have to marry them in for it to work).

Hey, I'm the king, the hero and the master chief: I deserve 3 wives.

Max
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

mtl_max wrote:As a wizard with thieves' skills, (all maxed out, obviously ;) ), I opted for polygamy: Erana, Nawar, Elsa (which, I believe, is also the order you have to marry them in for it to work).

Hey, I'm the king, the hero and the master chief: I deserve 3 wives.

Max
YOU'RE the King? Well I didn't vote for you! :D

Anyway, way to necro-raise this thread from the dead, Max... ;) *awards Max his very own Black Necromancer Robes(TM) and the Skull Ring(C), yes-siree-bob!* :D
Lepluto
Sierra Enthusiast

Post by Lepluto »

Alrighty. So I'm a Thief-Wizard hybrid replaying the series, and I started looking around if I could actually marry Katrina. Every single place says that I can not, except for this thread. Can you guys provide me with some proof that a Thief/A Wizard with Thieves skills can win the heart of Katrina? Will be GREATLY appreciated. I'm still in QFG1, waiting for your guys' responses to kinda change my character a bit while I still can.

Also, another point: Can a Wizard become a Chief Thief in QFG 5? o.O Never knew about this one. But yeah, please let me know if I can marry Katrina. Looking forward to hearing your responses. ^_^

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”