"Hi, my name's Larry. Larry Laffer!"

Slipping into your Leisure Suit? Need tips? Or just want to discuss Leisure Suit Larry (Ladies, try to keep the swooning to a minimum, please!) - this is the place to do it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

"Hi, my name's Larry. Larry Laffer!"

Post by Tawmis »

Well, as some of you know, I feel pretty connected to Larry... And while the Sierra Gateway Project had connections to other sites that had a ton of info on other "main" Sierra games (Gabriel Knight, Quest for More Glory, Space Quest's Janitorial Times, Sierra Chest (for newer Sierra Games), Sierra Planet for King's Quest and more and so on and so on!) - well, the lovable loser Larry seemed to be missing some love! And how could this be?

Well ladies and gentlemen - that missing love has been found - I welcome you all to come by and check out Larry Laffer.net! That's right, yours truly and Larry Laffer have teamed up once again! Right now, the only thing on there are the forums (so please come on by and sign up!) - but I plan on just collecting whatever information I dig up of interest and putting it on the Larry site! The site focuses on the "Classic" Larry games, but does have a forum section for other stuff (like Laffer Utilities and what not - and yes, within there, MCL has been thrown in).

So slip on your leisure suits and come visit us for a (virtual) drink! No Virtual ID needed!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: "Hi, my name's Larry. Larry Laffer!"

Post by Collector »

I just stickied this thread.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Just registered!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

And officially welcomed over there!

I am working on a few other projects that I want to knock out first - then I will be working on the site.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

The Nontoonyt Forums on LarryLaffer.net have a new look to them! Come check it out and join us if you haven't already! Starting next year I will be working on various content for the site itself - and the forum's a great place to list some things YOU would like to see on the site!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

The LarryLaffer.net has a new face (front page) - which will be the general look of the entire site now that I have some time to work on it!

Everything's still under construction - except the forums. The forums work. But you can click the other links to see the Under Construction page (tried to make it amusing) - then you can also see the Error page - for example http://www.larrylaffer.net/jhsjfhsjkfhskjfhskjf.html (that page doesn't exist but it will take you to the 404 Error page!)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I really like the new style! It's very cool! :D
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Looking better and better!

Fawn and Faith seem to have the same profile, but otherwise, there's a lot to build on with this.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

AndreaDraco wrote:I really like the new style! It's very cool! :D
Thanks! :) It's definitely a work in progress...

Oh! Changed the front banner thing on the index page to fit the rest of the theme and colors of the rest of the site...
http://larrylaffer.net/

The LSL1VGA Girls are now up - http://www.larrylaffer.net/lsl1vgagirls.html
They were easy. Just name change the file. The bios are the same. :)

LSL2 girl is up - http://www.larrylaffer.net/lsl2girls.html

Small cool note - the font used for the names of the girls (for the images) is my wife's handwriting. A few years back, she and some friends started up a small company called SmartGirlz that eventually went under - but they had made a font based on my wife's writing, for banners and such. I figured I'd put some use to the font. :)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

The handwriting font is really good: it's stylish and very soft! I like it a lot! ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Fixed and added some more pages. Lots of stuff still under construction.

But it's coming along.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

All the Women of Leisure Suit Larry except for LSL7 now have a write up/profile thing.

Also, found some incredible Leisure Suit Larry walkthrus - and even did the proper thing and wrote the author of the walkthrus for permission to use them on the site. They gave me official permission today to do so! I could have used them without their permission, sure - but they put A LOT of work into these walkthrus (check out the PDF versions) - that I felt that I had to at least check with them and see if it would be okay! (I couldn't see why they'd deny me! But I also complimented them on the amazing walk thrus they made! So the email was two fold! To ask permission and just to let them know that someone really appreciated the amazing job they did!) So the walkthrus for LSL1 through 7 are now available in PDF and TXT files. Really amazing work.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I'm amazed by the walkthroughs. They are astounding! :o

I'm familiar with T. Hayes solutions, and they are really amongst the best for an old Sierra game. I'm glad that you have this little jewels on the site, Tawm, a site that - by the way - is looking really great! ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Well, since I am currently immobile due to a foot injury... I got a chance to work on the site on my days off...

This is the beginning... the other games will get the same treatment...

Larry Laffer Interactive Walk Thru! Now is your chance by clicking on the screens and getting a chance to "interact" with Larry Laffer and get silly clues and suggestions for each screen. (Currently on LSL1EGA is active).

Return to “The Leisure Suit Larry Series”