New Acquisitions Thread (image heavy)

Where to Find Sierra classic games. Please note: Most of the Sierra games have areas on the forum designated for them! If you have an issue with one of the Sierra games, please post them in the correct forum!
piesel
Noob

Re: New Acquisitions Thread (image heavy)

Post by piesel »

Thanks :), yes i'm always expanding it and also have other pictures to add.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Free flea market today, national holiday. It was crowded.
Unfortunately several good purchases made sure I only had enough money for 1 CD-i, while there were two I wanted. I bought something called Mad Magic (digital magic kit), and left something Italian with live action about a blue tree in the box. I also bought a bag of walnuts from a highschool friend and a Kermit puppet. And these two goodies!
Attachments
larry.jpg
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
D2Legend
Sierra Freak

Post by D2Legend »

ok after looking through all the great stuff everyone else has, i'm almost ashamed to post mine on here. but here is what i have bought just since finding this forum, i probably would have never bought them if it wasn't for the great help i found here. i'll list the sierra games first. oh and my pictures are terrible so if i need to replace them later with some stock photos i will. well here goes, try not to laugh to hard. :P

Urban Runner
S1.JPG
Lighthouse
S2.JPG
Betrayal at Antara & Return to Krondor
S3.JPG
Jones in the Fast Lane & The Adventures of Willy Beamish
S4.JPG
Quest for Glory Collection & Quest for Glory 5
S5.JPG
Phantasmagoria 1 & Phantasmagoria 2
S6.JPG
Inca 1 & Inca 2
S7.JPG
Lost In Time
S8.JPG
Manhunter 1 & Manhunter 2
S9.JPG
Conquest of Camelot
S10.JPG
D2Legend
Sierra Freak

Post by D2Legend »

Leisure Suit Larry Collection & Magna Cum Laude
S11.JPG
King's Quest Collection & King's Quest 8
S12.JPG
Space Quest Collection & Police Quest Collection
S13.JPG
Shivers 1 & Shivers 2
S14.JPG
Gabriel Knight Mysteries & Gabriel Knight 3
S15.JPG
ok now for the non-sierra

Darkseed 1 & Darkseed 2
1.JPG
Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet
2.JPG
The Legend of Kyrandia Collection
3.JPG
Death Gate
4.JPG
Mission Critical
5.JPG
D2Legend
Sierra Freak

Post by D2Legend »

Companions of Xanth
6.JPG
The Lost Adventures of Legend
7.JPG
Tex Murphy 1, Tex Murphy 2 & Tex Murphy 3
8.JPG
Full Throttle
9.JPG
Altered Destiny
10.JPG
Les Manley 1 & Les Manley 2
11.JPG
Blade Runner
12.JPG
Star Trek Federation Compilation
13.JPG
Star Trek Judgment Rites
14.JPG
welp thats it for now. i got more in the mail coming, but it won't be so many next time.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Nothing to be ashamed about (except for the MCL :lol:). The Jones and Willy CDs are a nice find. They can be a little harder to track down. The QfG Collection Series is also another nice grab. I See that you have good start on a Legend collection, but you are missing one of my favorites, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon. As much of his legacy is in his Sierra titles, Callahan's is Josh Mandel's favorite.

With the reemergence of the Sierra designers developing new adventure games, Josh has mentioned that Spider Robinson retained the rights to the game, suggesting that new games based Callahan's is a possibility.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

D2Legend wrote:Leisure Suit Larry Collection & Magna Cum Laude
The Legend of Kyrandia Collection
Les Manley 1 & Les Manley 2
Toss Magna Cum Laude, and this collection's pretty awesome! :lol:

As for Legend of Kyrandia - always loved that series... even if they were a bit tougher than Sierra games (puzzle wise, I felt, anyway!)

And Les Manley was fun too. I didn't play the second one until many years after it was released. (Didn't know they did a second one, until I found it in a bargain bin!)
D2Legend
Sierra Freak

Post by D2Legend »

Callahan's Crosstime Saloon is on the way. it is complete with the big box, i just hope everything is as good as they are describing it. :)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

The game is based on Spider Robinson's novel, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon and I believe that Robinson was involved with the development of the game. The game also includes some of Robinson's music. The closing credits of the game roll with the The Drunkard's Song:
By the way, I wrote an installer for Callahan's for the 10th anniversary of its release.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

D2Legend
Sierra Freak

Post by D2Legend »

ok just got these in the mail today.

Arcanum
FD820002.JPG
The Prophecy
FD820003.JPG
Prophecy of the Shadow
FD820004.JPG
Byzantine: The Betrayal
FD820005.JPG
more still to come :)
gat
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by gat »

[quote="piesel"]Some pictures from my collection:

I was just going back through some of these posts, and saw your Return to Krondor game, with a map of the game world. When I purchased the game, no map came with it, and am wondering if anyone else has ever seen this map?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

My collection of SSI games is/was pretty extensive back in the day...
D2Legend
Sierra Freak

Post by D2Legend »

mine was nice too, i still have all the gold box games. i am hating myself for ever getting rid of the boxes tho. i managed to hang on to all the actually games and docs. the prophecy of the shadow i got today was just for the box. lol sad i know.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

D2Legend wrote:mine was nice too, i still have all the gold box games. i am hating myself for ever getting rid of the boxes tho. i managed to hang on to all the actually games and docs. the prophecy of the shadow i got today was just for the box. lol sad i know.
Not sad at all. I own a few copies of Sierra games (notably SQ1EGA) for box variations.

But yeah, I got rid of/lost all my SSI games... It's only Sierra games that I clung to and really adored... No idea why I specifically did so... but glad I did. (I am sure others on the forum who are tired of my rambling wished I wasn't such a Sierra freak back in the day!) :lol:
D2Legend
Sierra Freak

Post by D2Legend »

if you played computer games back then, you were a sierra freak. that was the best gaming experience you could get back then. oh there were other companies that produced games that could hold their own with sierra, but not many. i honestly can not think i a single person that had a computer back then that did not have sierra games. sad thing about sierra, this is just my opinion, when they started to stop making the adventure games, the quality of their games started to get worse and worse. i think that they sealed their fate when they tried to move away from what made them #1 in the first place. i still have not found another company that i loved as much as i did sierra, and when i try to think of one, i seem to just come up with other companies that we around when sierra was. the games they make now just don't have the story or depth they included in games back then. just my opinion.

Return to “This Old Game”