How Do YOU Play Quest for Glory?

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
JasefWisener
Third in Line

How Do YOU Play Quest for Glory?

Post by JasefWisener »

What class do you normally play as (or if you play as all 3, which do you prefer)?

I usually play as all three, but my favorite is a Thief with a skill in Magic. I also love the Paladin class, but only in QfGIV.

What about you?
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: How Do YOU Play Quest for Glory?

Post by Tawmis »

I did the fighter - first time through on all of them (imported when I could). Never went for Paldinhood. After I beat it with my imported character - I always went through and played it with the others (with no import).
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I always play the Wizard character, starting a new one at each game (but with the same name: Varmas - don't ask me why ;) ), and trying to avoid combat as much as I can.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

When I was younger, I always picked the magic user. I think it was because the variety of magic spells gave me a lot more to work with. Next time I get around to replaying these games, I'll try out all three classes for each one.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I always did fighter because those battles were hard unless you were a fighter... I usually dabbled a point into one of the thief or magic user things... I just can't recall which it was.
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Heh, heh. I was always running from those fights. I was like "No! I want to live!" Probably because my first experience with a fight in those games drained my entire health and stamina, and it wasn't even morning yet.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I was more like: "Get away from me, horrible monster! Damn, if I only had a custard pie!"
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

When I play QfGI, I always do a Fighter with some points in Pick Locks and Magic. II is usually Thief, III Wizard, and IV I love all 3. Thief is probably my favorite though.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

When I played QFG1/HQ1 I played as a fighter hybrid with magic user skills as well as thief skills.
FREEZE SCUM!!
Erpy
Noob

Post by Erpy »

I usually play all four classes. Each class has its own unique mindset and outlook upon the world, so I see Fighters and Paladins as two separate paths, even though they overlap most of the time.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Many years ago, I used to play through the games with each class in turn, just to see the puzzles that other classes can't.

Now I always play as a thief with magic skills. I figure it gives me a bigger variety of skills to draw on.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

I liked the Paladin, mostly for his wide array of powers and abilities. Otherwise, a Fighter/Wizard combo seemed to work just as well, but without the honor restrictions.

Although I've never played this, I imagine a Thief/Wizard combination could be quite useful. Magic could help out in a pinch if a robbery went bad.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

I've always played through each game with each character type. I really like how you can solve the puzzles differently with each class.

That said, my favourite classes were the thief and the paladin. Although I enjoyed the others as well, my brain works best with the round-about subtle approach to problems or the helping others mentality.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Rath Darkblade wrote:Many years ago, I used to play through the games with each class in turn, just to see the puzzles that other classes can't.

Now I always play as a thief with magic skills. I figure it gives me a bigger variety of skills to draw on.
Same here. Getting rich quick to buy potions, etc plus using magic to calm monsters was the best way for me to experience the games.

When first playing the series, I'd always start out with a pure fighter. Just because it seemed most noble and what a hero ought to be like.
sneek
Noob

Post by sneek »

Thief... you can max out all stats which gives you the option to tackle any scenario however you wish. (unless you need it for thief only points)

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”