Rudy's worst nightmare

Talk about anything you want here
Jules
Delta Babe

Re: Rudy's worst nightmare

Post by Jules »

Maxor127 wrote:I'm paranoid where I store my things now. I had a bunch of children books that I grew up with that were ruined when our basement flooded. I think I'll be even more paranoid now thinking about what could happen to things that are even safely on shelves.
Well, I think we just got unlucky because we should have never planted that vine against the house because it was the perfect concealment of their tunnel. Plus, we live in the south where they are most prevalent. Because my house in PA is over 100 years old, never had a pesticide treatment and it's still standing with no pest damage. :( :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Ouch. I am also paranoid as well - not just of termites, but water damage... All of my Sierra games are in plastic bins.
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

That's a good idea, Tawm. :)
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Jules wrote:
Maxor127 wrote:I'm paranoid where I store my things now. I had a bunch of children books that I grew up with that were ruined when our basement flooded. I think I'll be even more paranoid now thinking about what could happen to things that are even safely on shelves.
Well, I think we just got unlucky because we should have never planted that vine against the house because it was the perfect concealment of their tunnel. Plus, we live in the south where they are most prevalent. Because my house in PA is over 100 years old, never had a pesticide treatment and it's still standing with no pest damage. :( :)
You need to have an exterminator come in, spray around and use special devices (I don't know what they're called, but I remember seeing them in the backyard at my Dad's place in Houston) to prevent or kill termites.

Bugs are common in southern states. It's just something you have to expect, so the only way to prevent them is to spray regularly. I think my Dad has an exterminator come by every three months.

What's interesting is this seems to be in stark contrast to how Canadians view insects and exterminators. From what I've been told, the only time an exterminator is called in is if there's an infestation, not as a preventative measure, which is common in the south.

I know Maia was surprised when I told her about preventative exterminator use.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

DeadPoolX wrote:What's interesting is this seems to be in stark contrast to how Canadians view insects and exterminators. From what I've been told, the only time an exterminator is called in is if there's an infestation, not as a preventative measure, which is common in the south.

I know Maia was surprised when I told her about preventative exterminator use.
That is not just Canada. That is the north in general. Insects are usually not that big of a deal.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

stuntology
Sierra Obsessed

Post by stuntology »

Geez... I've never seen anything like that before. That's just awful.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Yikes!
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Ick. :( I'm sorry, Jules. :( *hugs*
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Thanks guys. :) No worries, I'm not heartbroken. :)
audiodane
A Member Of Cap'n Tawmis' Scurvy Crew

Post by audiodane »

Better late than never? WOW, those pictures are incredible. I am so sorry to hear of this news. On the good side, I'd be happy to take your SQ's.. :)

..dane

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”