Steampunk the DC ladies! (Only DPX may appreciate this...)

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Steampunk the DC ladies! (Only DPX may appreciate this...)

Post by Tawmis »

For the fact that they're DC characters....

http://steampunkrevue.blogspot.com/2012 ... steam.html
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Re: Steampunk the DC ladies! (Only DPX may appreciate this..

Post by DeadPoolX »

You know... oddly enough, I've started to like Marvel a lot more while simultaneously disliking DC. I think it's the whole "reboot" thing DC did, plus there are quite a few Marvel characters I've always liked.

As for the Steampunk images, I'd say Zatanna and Catwoman were the best. Huntress wasn't bad either, but Wonder Woman could've used some work. I have no idea who Death is, so maybe that's a relatively unknown character or a new one.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

DeadPoolX wrote:You know... oddly enough, I've started to like Marvel a lot more while simultaneously disliking DC. I think it's the whole "reboot" thing DC did, plus there are quite a few Marvel characters I've always liked.
Amazing how we have flipped. The DC reboot has hooked me. And Marvel has gone down hill for me. I mean, I love THOR but Fraction is single handedly ruining that character for me.

And I won't even go into my dislike of X-Men and Avengers... which have always been staple titles for me.

There's a few good Marvel titles out right now... but so few compared to DC (for me).
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I'm afraid I don't see the 'steampunk' in these images. They're just Victorian-era versions. Isn't steampunk supposed to be rudimentary-yet-modern technology run by steam? This does remind of Gotham by Gaslight, though.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote:I'm afraid I don't see the 'steampunk' in these images. They're just Victorian-era versions. Isn't steampunk supposed to be rudimentary-yet-modern technology run by steam? This does remind of Gotham by Gaslight, though.
The best way I describe Steampunk is Victorian + Gears.

http://hopeliesat24framespersecond.file ... stumes.jpg
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

I'm no expert, but didn't wonderwoman look like a regular wonder woman? (albeit in a skirt). That being said, even if I only know who catwoman and ww are, I'd still like to read a comic about (and possibly cosplay as) either of them like this, but then again, I've always had a thing for victorian themes :D .

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”