What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Fender_178 »

AndreaDraco wrote:Uhm... I don't remember... Why is it called like that? :shock:
Because its after the tour group have found King James' men dead and they have special things during this timer after they found the bodies.
FREEZE SCUM!!
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

I'm about to try Bioshock. We'll see how it goes.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

BWAHAHA! :twisted:

Finally... the incredibly cheap menace (aka Tabuu) has been defeated! It took a six-man team, consisting of King Dedede, Meta Knight, R.O.B., Samus and Pit to do it. I was down to my last character when I defeated him.

Unfortunately, Maia and I couldn't do it together. That was a shame since we'd played the entire game as a team. The reason a two-player assault wouldn't work is because Tabuu has some insta-kill moves. Since player one and player two share lives, he'd kill both of us at the same time, thereby removing two lives at once. If that battle is played by one player, then Tabuu will only kill off one life.

Overall, I really enjoyed Super Smash Bros Brawl. Was it the single best game I've ever played? No, but it was quite fun -- especially since Maia and I got to play together. I have to admit, sometimes I got very frustrated (such as with the annoying jumping puzzles) and I ran ahead, leaving Maia behind at times, but we fixed that. ;)

My favorite characters to play in that game would be: Pikachu, Meta Knight, Pit, King Dedede, Solid Snake, R.O.B., and Zero Suit Samus.

If I recall correctly, Maia favored Samus, Zero Suit Samus (that's Samus without her power armor, thus making her less powerful but far more agile), Zelda/Sheik, Diddy Kong, Lucario and Captain Falcon (after she made him look absolutely ridiculous by changing his uniform to pink-and-white).

During the game you can pause the action and take screen shots. What's neat about that is you can adjust the the scene to make some really interesting -- and sometimes ludicrous -- pictures. We've taken a number of them and since it's stored on an SD card, I'll probably be moving them over to the PC.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

Well I just got force unleashed for my ps2 and I will be playing that along with finishing up Gk3 in which I have about 5 time blocks left to go until im done.
FREEZE SCUM!!
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Fender_178 wrote:Well I just got force unleashed for my ps2 and I will be playing that along with finishing up Gk3 in which I have about 5 time blocks left to go until im done.
How is TFU? I've heard it's best for the PS3 and Xbox 360. I'm not sure why it'd necessarily be better than the Wii version (except for overall graphics). I think it's neater to control your lightsaber and force powers with movements, rather than using an analog stick and pressing buttons.
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

Bioshock is cool, yet spooky at the same time. It's this kind of late 1940s, undersea fallen utopia with a bunch of creepy, demented freaks roaming around. They got a little science happy and overmodified themselves. :shock:

I've come to recognize when I'm being set up in the game. If I see a shiny, new weapon or combat power, they always spring a new enemy on you right after you take it. I admit I'm a big chicken and I hate that. :o

If it weren't for the fact that I want to find out what the story is behind this place and see what happens, I probably wouldn't play it. That's my carrot in any game. I want to keep uncovering the story, thus I must fight the spooky baddies.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

DeadPoolX wrote:
Fender_178 wrote:Well I just got force unleashed for my ps2 and I will be playing that along with finishing up Gk3 in which I have about 5 time blocks left to go until im done.
How is TFU? I've heard it's best for the PS3 and Xbox 360. I'm not sure why it'd necessarily be better than the Wii version (except for overall graphics). I think it's neater to control your lightsaber and force powers with movements, rather than using an analog stick and pressing buttons.
Its good so far. In comparison with the wii version not much different graphically. Also when you collect them Jedi boxes in the ps2 version you are only unlocking stuff such as force powers etc while the wii version has characters for that duel mode. It is neat from what I have seen of the wii version to use the wii mote like a lightsaber and movements to execute the force powers. What I like about the ps3 version is that he has the backwards lightsaber and in the Ps3 version from what I have seen in a demo my brother in law has you can see burn marks on the walls and stuff. I think the same goes with the xbox360 version as well but im not sure.
FREEZE SCUM!!
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Maia and I have been playing a Wii game called Ben 10: Savior of the Earth. I think it's based on a cartoon, but neither one of us have seen it. That doesn't seem to matter since the story doesn't require any previous knowledge of the show and the game is a lot of fun.

Probably the best part is it's incredibly forgiving. You've unlimited lives and your health regenerates. Even if you die, you'll reappear where the other player is; if both players die, you'll start at a location close to your previous death. There's also the ability to "drop out" from the game, so if there's a puzzle or jumping sequence that's too difficult to perform with two players, you can leave the game and allow one player to do it. After that's done, you can come back.

We're also playing World of Goo on the Wii. It's marketed as WiiWare and can be downloaded for 1500 Wii points. WoG is available on Windows, MacOS and it'll soon be on Linux too. It's a puzzle game where you build structures using goo balls, balloons, fire and all sorts of items. I'm not describing it right on here, but trust me... it's fun and requires a lot of thinking to complete the levels.

Come to think of it... we have a number of WiiWare games. Some are better than others.

Lost Winds is neat since you have the power of wind at your disposal to kill enemies and propel your character around. The wind can ever toss boulders and direct fire.

Gyrostarr is fun and a real psychedelic trip. You can have up to four fighter craft in the game and you're flying through these multi-colored tunnels. The objective is to gain enough energy so that by the end of the tunnel, you'll jump through the dimensional gate. If you fail, you'll crash when attempting the jump. Along the way, there are numerous power-ups and many enemies to fight. The levels Maia and I are at have become really difficult.

Some other WiiWare games we've download are Wild West Guns, Potpourri, TV Show King, My Aquarium and from the Virtual Arcade section, we've downloaded Gunstar Heroes, Bonanza Brothers, Galaga '90 and Samurai Shodown II.
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Scarface, making videos and uploading them on Youtube to embed in the Chest :D .
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

DeadPoolX wrote:We're also playing World of Goo on the Wii. It's marketed as WiiWare and can be downloaded for 1500 Wii points. WoG is available on Windows, MacOS and it'll soon be on Linux too. It's a puzzle game where you build structures using goo balls, balloons, fire and all sorts of items. I'm not describing it right on here, but trust me... it's fun and requires a lot of thinking to complete the levels.

Come to think of it... we have a number of WiiWare games. Some are better than others.

Lost Winds is neat since you have the power of wind at your disposal to kill enemies and propel your character around. The wind can ever toss boulders and direct fire.

Gyrostarr is fun and a real psychedelic trip. You can have up to four fighter craft in the game and you're flying through these multi-colored tunnels. The objective is to gain enough energy so that by the end of the tunnel, you'll jump through the dimensional gate. If you fail, you'll crash when attempting the jump. Along the way, there are numerous power-ups and many enemies to fight. The levels Maia and I are at have become really difficult.
World of Goo is so awesome! It's a bit silly and mentally stimulating. It's just a really different (for me) and fun game. :D

Lost Winds is my relax game. The music is really Zen and the game is quite pretty in a cartoony way. The story isn't terribly in-depth (so far), but that means it's easy to pick up and leave off without forgetting what's going on There's enough mental stimulation to keep me interested without being frustrated.

Gyrostar is the trippiest! Most space games aren't colourful, but I like that this one is.

We also got Okami for the Wii. I'm really looking forward to playing that as well. I love wolves and nature, so the fact that the main character is a nature spirit in the form of a wolf is really neat. The graphics may take some getting used to for some, but I like the stylised look.

I ordered Season One of Sam and Max just last week. It should be fun to have a full-fledged adventure game again. Although some of the games above are adventure-like in many ways, they're not quite the same.

I'm taking a break from Bioshock, since it was getting a bit repetitive and I haven't been in the mood for spookiness lately.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Has anyone played CivCity: Rome? I've been thinking of getting that, since I'm a history nut. *L* But from what I've seen, it looks like the Sierra city-builder games (e.g. Pharoah, Zeus, Emperor etc.), which I didn't particularly enjoy because they reminded me too much of SimCity, which I found annoying and very difficult. So does anyone know? ;)

Thanks. :)
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Rath Darkblade wrote:Has anyone played CivCity: Rome? I've been thinking of getting that, since I'm a history nut. *L* But from what I've seen, it looks like the Sierra city-builder games (e.g. Pharoah, Zeus, Emperor etc.), which I didn't particularly enjoy because they reminded me too much of SimCity, which I found annoying and very difficult. So does anyone know? ;)

Thanks. :)
The Civilization games have always been about turn-based nation (and eventually global) construction. These games aren't entirely about building structures (like the SimCity games were), but they're primarily about raising a society -- that includes a military, education, public works, etc. The numerous ways to go about this change as your society progresses.

Many of Sid Meier's games have some sort of "creation" to them, even Pirates! Unless you really enjoy turn-based strategy and creating a society from the ground up, I'd pass on any of the Civilization titles.

If you're looking for something historical and yet not as labor-intensive, I'd strongly recommend the Total War series -- they're both turn-based and real-time. My all-time favorite game from that series would be Medieval: Total War. There are many other games such as Shogun: Total War, Medieval: Total War II and Rome: Total War. MTW2 is the newest game while STW is the oldest. A new game is coming out soon called Empire: Total War, which revolves around 18th to 19th century colonization of the New World (and it has sea battles, too).
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Yes, I've tried all of the Civilization games. They are a fairly enjoyable romp, even if at times they are also too America-centric. (I also played the old Colonization game for DOS, which I still play from time to time). I couldn't play Civ 4 though; some sort of conflict with my graphics card, I think.

As for the Total War games - yes, I've played MTW, MTW2 and RTW. They're very fun, but also very frustrating sometimes (particularly in MTW, when a faction that you thought was defeated comes back again to cause trouble). ;)
sneek
Noob

Post by sneek »

:lol:

Im play World of Goo too :D

Very cool game... quite addictive too!
Lynda
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by Lynda »

May have to break down and purchase a Wii here....
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fishburger and realize, Oh my God...I could be eating a slow learner..."

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”