Introduce Yourself!

Notices and what's new on SHP and the forums
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post by Collector »

So, YOU are the one that took the haggis!
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Zin wrote: To AndreaDraco:
I've read several of your reviews at Adventure Gamers, especially the ones for Sierra games, and thought they were very well researched and written. Nice work!
Thanks Zin! I'm glad you liked them! :)
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
stuntology
Sierra Obsessed

Post by stuntology »

Zin wrote:Thank you for such a warm welcome, guys! :)

To Tawmis and stuntology:
I remember well the first time I booted up KQ4. I was 11 years old and preparing to leave the house for school (must have been 6th grade elementary school or something). I had seen Police Quest and Manhunter at a friend's house and thought they looked interesting but KQ4 literally blew me away. I recall walking Rosella around in this gorgeous and detailed world. I went as far as finding the ball under the bridge and then I had to leave for school. I don't know why but it's such a clear memory. All the Sierra games I played gave me that feeling afterwards.
KQ4 was one of my first games as well, along with the KQ1 remake.(I only beat KQ1, by myself though). I have to agree with the world being incredible to look at: right now my desktop rotates between Sierra screenshots, and most of them right now are from KQ4 and QfG1!

And now you've given me even more reason to play Gabriel Knight...
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

Welcome to the forum Zin :-D. GK2 is also one of my all time favorites.
Zin
Noob

Post by Zin »

To Tawmis:
I agree about the KQ4 cover with Rosella on the unicorn! How wonderfully epic it looks. I also like the back cover with the big moon.

Also, a big thank you to Rath Darkblade and Moon Dragon for the welcome messages. :)
EricOakford
Noob

Post by EricOakford »

Hello everybody. I've been a Sierra fan for much of my life. The first computer game I ever played was Quest for Glory I VGA.
Since then, I've been searching around through Sierra games' coding with SCI Resource Viewer and seeing various things that were dummied out of the final version. Maybe soon I'll post my findings on TCRF.net.
I'm psyched that a lot of Sierra classics can be bought off GOG.com, and I'll soon post a listing of game versions included in various compilations.
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Welcome to the boards, Eric! :)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Welcome
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

stuntology
Sierra Obsessed

Post by stuntology »

Welcome aboard!
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

Welcome :D .
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Welcome Eric!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

Welcome, Eric!
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

EricOakford wrote:Hello everybody. I've been a Sierra fan for much of my life. The first computer game I ever played was Quest for Glory I VGA.
Since then, I've been searching around through Sierra games' coding with SCI Resource Viewer and seeing various things that were dummied out of the final version. Maybe soon I'll post my findings on TCRF.net.
I'm psyched that a lot of Sierra classics can be bought off GOG.com, and I'll soon post a listing of game versions included in various compilations.
Welcome to the forum!
tjk925
Al who?

Post by tjk925 »

Well I've already been posting a bit in some places...

I'm Tyler, 26 years old, currently working as a PHP & CMS module developer and living in Texas, though not native to there. After graduating, I interned as an Oracle DBA, and worked for a while doing .NET programming and SQL Server admin. Not married, no kids, though I have a fiancee in the Philippines and we're on the last stretch of getting her visa so she can come here, likely by the end of March. I've visited most of the US, and the Philippines, Mexico and Canada.

Some of my first gaming experiences were with Sierra games, starting with KQ1 SCI. I was more into Apogee, Epic and other old DOS games. My dad used to get some PC software catalog (can't remember the name...), and I could get one game every 2-3 months :P . I bought my first console, a Sega Genesis, with my First Communion gift money :lol:, though I could never afford many games for it. Those were the days...

The only Sierra games I had were SQ1 AGI, KQ1 SCI, KQ5 (disk version), a bit later KQ6 CD, KQ7 v2 and 3-D Ultra Pinball. I have A LOT more now, and should to get to playing them sometime.
I love KQ/Sierra! Current items: KQ Collector's Ed. ('94 maroon box), KQ Collection Series ('97), Roberta Anth. ('97), KQ5 CD (dark label) + Hint Book, KQ6 CD, KQ7 CD (v2), Offical Book of KQ (1st, 2nd & 3rd), KQ Companion (4th), KQ novels (1, 2 & 3)
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Nice to meet you. Welcome to the forum!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

Return to “Announcements”