What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
Expack3
Sierra Obsessed

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Expack3 »

BBP wrote:Still on The Dame Was Loaded. Yesterday I got Ralph, Mickey and Frankie killed in the timespace of ten minutes. I really felt bad for the middle one.
I have no idea why I read "timespace" as "time-space continuum" - although the latter would be cool! :D

Anyways, I managed to get the original Bioshock for PC in a giveaway and have been feverishly playing that during the night. Dang, that game is so good, the only complaints I have are regarding the quality of EAX support (i.e. I can hear foes quite clearly through walls and floors, even when the sound should be, at the least, somewhat occluded.) I've also been playing an MMO called Perpetuum, which is EVE Online in a much earlier stage and with a sort of 1800's pioneering experience (except in DA FUTURE!). I've been trying to get enough in-game currency to buy in-game time and, thus, upgrade my trial account to a full account for free, but after 6 out of 14 days, that plan seems to be going nowhere fast.
You like manuals. You like manuals. You love them. You cannot resist manuals.
Your gameplay experience is meaningless without manuals.
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Same here, Expack. ^_^
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

Was waiting for the zerg story continuation for a very long time... It's finally here and so far it is fun.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Just waiting till 3/19...
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Qbix wrote:Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

Was waiting for the zerg story continuation for a very long time... It's finally here and so far it is fun.
Sigh... is it worth playing this game? I enjoyed the original Starcraft 1, but all I heard about SC2 so far has turned me off. :( To wit:

1. I have to be constantly online to play this game (WTF?)
2. I have to pay Blizzard a monthly fee to play (Why???) :(
3. Unlike the first game, I cannot play all three campaigns (human, zerg, protoss) at once and must wait a LOOOOOONG time before the protoss campaign... which really turns me off... so I'm wondering if, at some point, the entire thing would be released with all three campaigns... :|

Any answers? :)
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

1) true
2) false
3) yeah it sucks, fortunately they are now at the zerg, which is my favourite race.

You do get a ton of content though. The usermade levels/games are a lot of fun and have little to do with starcraft :) (and can be accessed from the menu, no need to do browse shady websites or whatever)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Qbix wrote:1) true
2) false
3) yeah it sucks, fortunately they are now at the zerg, which is my favourite race.

You do get a ton of content though. The usermade levels/games are a lot of fun and have little to do with starcraft :) (and can be accessed from the menu, no need to do browse shady websites or whatever)
Hmm... so any ideas why I need to be constantly online to play this game? At least with Steam/Dragon Age/etc., I can be offline and still play. :) Do you know why this game is different?

Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

Their way to implement DRM.

It works well though, at least compared to the horror stories I hear about simcity.
I got the game at release and was unable to play for one hour.
For the first part, which I got a month after release, I never had a server problem. So blizzard seems to know how to handle online gaming a bit better than EA.

Ofcourse Ideally it would be playable offline as well, but whether that keeps you from playing the game, is a personal choice.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Mystic Midway.
Even for CD-i standards, this is low.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

When I found a hidden-object game "Vampires in Paris" in a nearby shop, I couldn't resist. Paris! Vampires!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

BBP wrote:Paris! Vampires!
Squeeee...! *faints* :D Now why don't game stores here stock cool stuff like that. :( We never get any adventure games or hidden-object games here in Australia - all we have are stupid shooters, stupider FPSs (e.g. Assassin's Creed) and big-name RPGs/RTSes (like WoW, SC2 etc.), and everything must be played online. :x

</grumble>
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Well, the game was pretty silly: no voice acting and barely any characters. Barely a plot too. But nice scenery, and that's what I got it for. :)
Skip to new scripts
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

BBP wrote:Well, the game was pretty silly: no voice acting and barely any characters. Barely a plot too. But nice scenery, and that's what I got it for. :)
Unfortunately, that's the case with most HO-games, most are not woth the price they are asking, however, there are a few gems to be found :-).

Currently playing The bridge and Antichamber, liking both very much, though the bridge is a bit frustrating at times.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Downloaded the RW Anthology, installed except for Phantas and KQ7, and am playing The Colonel's Bequest. Got killed within the blink of an eye too.

Add: I also got my first jam, in the chapel thing.
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

It. Is. Awesome.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”