Attention all DuckTales Fans!

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Attention all DuckTales Fans!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Looks like there's a remake in the works of the original 1989 NES DuckTales game.

I first read about it on GOG and some fans have already started requesting the game gets sold on there. Somehow I think it'll be a miracle if it even gets ported to the PC.

I remember spending many hours playing that game. I was never as good at it as my brother was, but I didn't totally suck. :P

Here's the trailer, if you're too damn lazy to click the link and view the page above.
While we're at it, here's the Finnish DuckTales intro song, but subtitled with English words that sound similar to what's being actually said. :lol: :lol:
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Re: Attention all DuckTales Fans!

Post by AndreaDraco »

Well, it's most definitely not my kind of game, but I really liked Duck Tales (the series) and it's good to see it revamped here with such luscious graphics!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

I loved DuckTales growing up! I can remember renting the game for the first time at the local movie rental store and I didn't even get very far. A couple of stages I can still remember was the one on the moon and Transylvania. For nostalgia purposes I'm probably going to get this game when it comes out. I'm sure it'll be a PSN/Arcade title, so it'll probably be around $15.00 or so.
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

I'm excited for the new part of the game where they let you swim around in Scrooge's money. This is going to be amazing. It's also good motivation to get back to work on my next cartoon!

I really REALLY hope they do an HD remake of the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers game as well. I lost so many hours on that game as a kid.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Video Game companies are going the way of Hollywood movies... "We're out of ideas! I got it, let's do old games and redo them!"

In this case, it looks like it worked out nicely! Like Andrea, not my type of game (and apparently one of the few people that doesn't swoon over Duck Tales), but it does look like a fun game for those that enjoy it! :D
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Datadog wrote:I'm excited for the new part of the game where they let you swim around in Scrooge's money. This is going to be amazing. It's also good motivation to get back to work on my next cartoon!

I really REALLY hope they do an HD remake of the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers game as well. I lost so many hours on that game as a kid.
I read somewhere that the plan, if Ducktales is successful at least, is to work out licensing to release Chip and Dale, Darkwing Duck, and maybe Aladdin and The Lion King. Seems Capcom's trying to make up for the Mega Man Legends 3 disaster to their fans.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Aladdin and Lion King would make for some great HD! Would love to see the wildebeest stampede get a make-over.
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

I have the Gameboy version and have to admit that I have some fond memories of that game. While watching the trailer, it was creepy how much I could recognise the transylvania level. That and the himalaya level where my favorites, mostly because they were the ones I was best at. It took me some time to figure out the secret to get past the amazon and moon levels.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Now I want to see them film a bear in a plane for "Talespin". :)

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”