King's Quest VI Script

Is the game being a ROYAL pain? Need a hint? Got a problem? This is the place to discuss King's Quest!
BBP
Village Elder

King's Quest VI Script

Post by BBP »

King's Quest VI Script
http://www.adrive.com/public/JUSZfC/kq6.pdf
http://www.adrive.com/public/PvFpMG/kq6.odt

Although it gives one a nice insight into little things you can do that make the Green Isles come to life, the amount of stuff that used to be in but didn't make it, is not all that high.

Currently I'm re-playing the game again to check on certain occurrences. Interesting stuff I've found:

You used to be able to get a new lamp before performing the Rain spell, and then get in trouble when you wanted to make that spell.

Does anybody recall this text by the ferryman?
"The island's currents keep us pretty isolated. I can only recall three visitors in my lifetime. When I was a boy a wanderer came, Alhazred himself arrived many years ago, and now you. We have almost no contact with the outside world, but we're content with our little kingdom. At least, we always were in the past."

Hard path, talking to Cassima when in the wall:
!!!!Removed line: "The kingdom! Tell me what's going on out there, Alexander! I've been so afraid, not knowing what Alhazred plans! Have the islands stopped fighting?"
!!!Removed line: "I'm afraid not. The ferry has shut down, and I gather things are worse than ever. While the villagers on this island have been kind, the other islands were not exactly...welcoming, in all truth."
!!!Removed line: "Ah! How could things have gone so awry?"

Funny Stuff To Find In-Game:
-Give mint to Genie Grandma
-Give mint leaves to gardener
-Giving mint leaves or showing the mirror to the cloak guy in the pawn shop is possible, but when I did that, he didn't come back, so you can't trick him after that.
-Three Ali's in the game! Four if you count the door. :)
-Petting the cat tails.
-Use feather on Jollo in the castle
-Returning to the gates of the Winged City, so you can look around and talk to the guards.
-Stuff to show Death: boring book, spell book, dagger, potion, feather, stench flower, love poem, hanky, rabbit's foot, Cassima's note, insignia ring, scythe.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: King's Quest VI Script

Post by Collector »

Have you played both the long and short paths? Having both solutions is almost like getting more than one game. You may wish to see this: http://sierrahelp.com/Misc/Trivia/KQ6Endings.html
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I tried, but it's a bit too nerve-wrecking for me. :D
Oddly I have little trouble with KQ3, which is now my second-favourite KQ. Must be the Schubert. :)
Anyway the KQ3 script can now be downloaded from:
http://www.adrive.com/public/MNxXfu/kq3.odt
http://www.adrive.com/public/DgqXkv/kq3.pdf
One thing puzzles me: you can say "DOG LAST" in the shop, and the reply is "Why, Ration, of course!" I don't get it.

By now I've figured out how to see the commands you need to enter for each of them, so those are included. I'll check and see if the Colonel's Bequest script can get an overhaul.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Baggins
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by Baggins »

Any information on who made this script file? Or where it originated from?

I have a rip from the cd-rom version up on the KQ wiki (it should be complete unless I made a mistake when I was transferring over text from the various msg files) that has some additional material that doesn't appear in this file, but strangely there are things in this file that do not see,m to appear In the cd version script either.

As for the pawn shoppe owner I can't find any evidence of him named Ali unless it's embedded in the some of the action scripting files. He is only described as the pawn shop owner in the game, and KQ6 official hintbook. He was given the name Hakim in the companion.

The line from Hassan the ferryman about his childhood about the wanderer is in the files, but does not appear in game in the floppy and cd versions. It does appear in the Amiga version though.

As for that additional conversation between Cassima and Alexander posted above, I don't think I found those I'm the MSG files, it is quite curious. Maybe from the floppy version files? Or the Amiga version? Or maybe additional lines recorded and maybe found in the cd voice files? I haven't had time to go through and match the cd acting to the games msg files to see if there is any unique or improvisation between the material. Note: I did make a script for KQ5 Cd that covers much of the modified script/improv included In that version, so I know it's possible it may have occurs with kQ6 as well.
Baggins
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by Baggins »

Never mind I found the Cassima/Alexander conversation and removed lines.
Baggins
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by Baggins »

One more interspersing thing to note depending on which version of the games in particular the AGI games you can find script variations. Different lines, edited lines, lines added and lines removed! Sometimes changes in interface and fonts. Easter egg changes. I discuss some of these differences in articles in the wiki for anyone interested. KQ3 for example has some interesting script changes. KQ2 has some differences depending on port. The hole Easter egg on the mountain doesn't exist early PCjr version, and different Easter egg depending on if it's the later IBM PC or Apple versions.

Then the KQ1 PCjr vs later AGI releases has many graphical and text differences.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Baggins wrote:Any information on who made this script file? Or where it originated from?
That would be BBP.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

envisge0ne
Sierra Veteran

Post by envisge0ne »

I gotta say, acknowledging Baggins, the pcjr version of KQ1 was a lot different than the later DOS version. I kinda like how you can watch it draw the background. And all the sounds were completely different. Even though I did find the chirping sounds very annoying after a while so I'm glad the future release got rid of that. Also makes me remember what it was like to play games when you didn't have a hard drive. Having to swap the game disc with a blank disc to save your game progress. When I 1st played KQ1 and KQ2, we only had a RGB 4 color graphics card. Took us a while before we could upgrade to EGA
Baggins
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by Baggins »

Cool,unfortunately a I came into Sierra games later around the time KQ6 was released. KQ5 floppy was my first game though.

Speaking of old games I discovered a Japanese version of Wizard and the Princess that has higher resolution art, and most of the art is is redrawn. Rather surprising.

Published by a company named Starcraft. Apparently they released a few of the Hi-Res adventured with redrawn art. They also ported a version of mystery house, apparently not associated with the enhanced MicroCabin version?

http://kingsquest.wikia.com/wiki/Wizard ... ss_(Japan)

Return to “The King's Quest Series”