Dragon Age: Origins free til Oct. 14

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Tinuviel
Sierra Obsessed

Dragon Age: Origins free til Oct. 14

Post by Tinuviel »

Folks, if you haven't yet bought or played this game, now is the chance to get Dragon Age: Origins free until Oct. 14 on Origin.

I think I can safely say this is one of the best, if not THE best RPG I've ever played. Highly recommended.

* https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/ ... on#details
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Dragon Age: Origins free til Oct. 14

Post by Tawmis »

Good call posting it here! I have it on XBOX360 but also grabbed the free PC version! I should have posted it here as well! So thank you! There might be some folks interested in grabbing it now and trying it out who hadn't played it before! (Sinners!)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Well, I'd download it... but I already have it (plus all the extra DLCs), and played it to death (pun not intended)... ;)

In fact, I have it on my desk right now. I thought I'd break it out and re-play it, just to get me in the mood for DA3. :P

But yes - anyone who hasn't already played it, I'd definitely urge them to do so. Great game. Definitely better than DA2, at least in my book.
Tinuviel
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Tinuviel »

DA2 was fine; well, the story and characters were. It was lacking in design aspects, and it was definitely simplified compared to DA:O.

Anyone getting Origins - DON'T get turned off by how long it takes to create a character. It's perfectly normal to spend 30 minutes designing one!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Tinuviel wrote: Anyone getting Origins - DON'T get turned off by how long it takes to create a character. It's perfectly normal to spend 30 minutes designing one!
More so, don't do the Deep Roads first. Do that last (when there's no other options to move the story forward!)
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

Tinuviel wrote: Anyone getting Origins - DON'T get turned off by how long it takes to create a character. It's perfectly normal to spend 30 minutes designing one!
30 minutes, long? It usually takes me at least a couple of hours, when I factor in the time to decide on a name. ;)
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Maxor127
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Maxor127 »

The name is the easy part for me. I pretty much always use the same name. Making the character look like me is the hard part. Yes, I'm a narcissist. And I also write down each other options I choose and values I change so that I can go back and recreate it if need be.
Luinath
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Luinath »

Since I don't like to deal with the PC's appearance every time I play a new game, even if it takes me only 5-10 minutes, I just use a face morph I created in the toolset.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

I often try to make my character look somewhat like me. The result is usually something closer to Gordon Freeman, if the character creator in question has decent beard options anyway. A lot of games really suck when it comes to facial hair.
Maiandra wrote:
30 minutes, long? It usually takes me at least a couple of hours, when I factor in the time to decide on a name. ;)
I can confirm this. :D
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

How long after the name?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Got it! Plus they gave me Bejeweled 3 for free as well. Origin's being very generous this Canadian Thanksgiving.

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”