Adventure Game Achievements!

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Adventure Game Achievements!

Post by Collector »

Of course we are talking about a movie made before anyone here was born. I just have a thing for old classic movies.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

dotkel50 wrote:
Tawmis wrote:
Collector wrote:
Tawmis wrote:"Achievement Unlocked - You just happy to see me?"
- fitting the super super super sized drink in your pants
Reference to the Mae West quote "Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" from She Done Him Wrong.
Is that where that saying comes from? Yeesh. Used it forever and never knew...
You're not old enough. :lol:
You sure? I'm pretty old. I am not, however, well rounded when it comes to movies and music, that may be outside of my "preference of genre" of movie.
dotkel50
Village Elder

Post by dotkel50 »

Tawmis wrote: You sure? I'm pretty old. I am not, however, well rounded when it comes to movies and music, that may be outside of my "preference of genre" of movie.
I might be old enough to be your Mom. :(
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Tawmis wrote:
Collector wrote:
Tawmis wrote:"Achievement Unlocked - You just happy to see me?"
- fitting the super super super sized drink in your pants
Reference to the Mae West quote "Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" from She Done Him Wrong.
Is that where that saying comes from? Yeesh. Used it forever and never knew...
I knew it, but then again, either my parents or grandparents probably told me a long time ago. It wouldn't have been something I'd just have known myself.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

The Space Quest Incinerations fangame has achievements too.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

Wouldn't it be a riot to obtain a unqiue trophee for every death? Haha.

Otherwise, I'd say achievements in the ancient Sierra games should mostly belong to stuff that you don't really have to do to advance the game and don't really kill you either, but show you some unique scene or dialogue anyway. This being said, I've played these games so many times I don't even KNOW exactly what is optional and what is not :lol: Here is some interesting stuff that I *think* is optional;

Qfg1
"Lord of the Ring" - Return Amelia's ring

Qfg3
"Tree for two" - Tell Salim about Julanar

Qfg4
"Trigger happy" - Cast the trigger spell on the illusion of Erana's Staff created by the Faery Queen
"Groom Lake" - Show the Rusalka so much kindness that she doesn't want to kill you anymore
"All dreams come to an end" - Dream the last Erana dream
"Unfortunate Tellings" - Experience the last of the tarot readings before the final one

GK3
"Dust off ages" - Apply the fingerprinting kit on Emilio's Jesus painting with Gabriel or his glass with Grace, only to find... nothing...

KQ5
"Don't mess with black cloaks" - Troll Crispin by going back into the house and having him leave permanently

KQ6
"Professional Widow" - Mislead the widow and succesfully read the word LOVE on the small paper.

KQ7
"Salty Bowls" - Troll the ghost of Farwalker with a bowl of salt water instead of fresh
"Ghostface Off" - Face the Boogieman while playing as Rosella with Lady Tsepish' clothes to defy him! I think this one is emtirely optional.
"Friend and faux" - Visit the faux shop for no reason in particular with Rosella, meaning you actually took the time to go fetch the salt in the desert

Return to “Community Games”