Script party!

Fan fics, songs and other user contributions.

Moderator: BBP

BBP
Village Elder

Re: Script party!

Post by BBP »

For the next two weeks, the script can be downloaded from:
http://www.adrive.com/public/R4SNQJ/kq2.pdf
http://www.adrive.com/public/FavhUk/kq2.odt

Enjoy!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

adeyke wrote: I'm not sure how much of that is sarcasm. I will say, however, that the bad aspects of something don't mean the good aspects don't exist, but at the same time, the good aspects don't make the bad aspects immune to criticism. I'm not passing judgment on the work as a whole.
No sarcasm here, I meant it. I recently used King's Quest as an example of a non-sexist / pro-equality game, and the good outweighs the bad here for sure. What BBP uncovered is just a very good example of how sexism can sneak its way in just about everything.

ETA: Oh, and a big bedankt for the script of course, BBP ;).
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Tell me about it. I've stopped liking the Smurfs because of it. The comic where Smurfette is introduced is unbelievable.

Anyway I'm now looking at KQ7. Toegoff's playthrough of it had me hooked (he was stuck for an hour at like the only puzzle in it that I could do myself as I was playing auf Deutsch) but this one is a lot more work than KQ2.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

King's Quest 7 back end is a mess, from what I remember. I once recorded a lot of midi's through my Roland SC-55 with SierraViewer, but man....it was like sifting through a big garbage bin of throw-away files and I never finished it.

I only recently discovered you can even play KQ7 with subtitles, with that 0k trick; still need to do that.
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=7168
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Hey cool! That would've come in handy - still I wish you wouldn't have to choose between voice and subtitle only.

I'm on KQ7 now and already found there's one line King Graham (or some servant perhaps) was supposed to say after Rosella disappeared.
"(DISTRACTED)Ladies, I was getting worried. You're fifteen minutes late for lunch."
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP - I know you upload these to a place that hosts them for 2 weeks - but I'd be glad to host ALL the scripts you've done on the LarryLaffer page! I will make a page specific for your scripts! So that they're always available.

Would you be interested? You'd just need to email them to me and I will upload them to my site.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Sure, that'd be great! Just PM me your email and I'll get right on it!
Skip to new scripts
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

BBP wrote:Hey cool! That would've come in handy - still I wish you wouldn't have to choose between voice and subtitle only. "
Spoken like a true dutchman :lol: I have the same.
BBP wrote: I'm on KQ7 now and already found there's one line King Graham (or some servant perhaps) was supposed to say after Rosella disappeared.
"(DISTRACTED)Ladies, I was getting worried. You're fifteen minutes late for lunch."
Yeah, there is audio for him all right, that clip can be heard on Sierraplanet. http://www.sierraplanet.com/kingsquest7/goodies.html
Graham is in the end credits, credited to Denny Delk. Too bad they cut him from the game / never animated him at all. :cry:
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Akril hosts a lot of these hidden files as well:
http://akril15.com/sr/SierraResources.html

Among them are Roo Rat rhymes that can't happen because you can't bring that item up for trade, like Count Tsepich's skull. And a phrase that includes the name of the desert.
Skip to new scripts
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

The desert has a name, what is it called? I can't seem to find that line. I'm obsessed with these things. :)
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

ROO RAT "(CHEERFUL)Hello my lady, how are you? Would you like to make a deal or two?"
ROSELLA "(A LITTLE OFF BALANCE)Well, I'm not sure...my name is Rosella of Daventry, sir. Does this desolate place have a name?"
ROO RAT "Yes. This is the Huitzilipopuatlateknahualimoatlicue Desert. And no, I'm not even going to TRY to make a rhyme out of that."
Skip to new scripts
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

:lol: that is....classic.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

It seems like lord Attis has a lot more dialog than I recall. I'll install KQ7 and play it again (oh boy the boogeyman, the infernal boogeyman...) but if anybody else could help read the "galley proofs" to help check what's in it and what isn't, I'd be grateful!
Skip to new scripts
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

Well, I would love to help out. I never mind replaying it and now the game very well.
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

That oil salesman turning Valanice into a doll....
http://www.akril15.com/kq7resources/53290.html
reminds me so much of China Doll, a Marvel Comics character who has the power to change things into dolls, and has that same snakelike body.

Return to “The Bard's Forum”