Videogame music

Talk about anything you want here
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Videogame music

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Indeed. Cornell was famous in the news for Soundgarden and Audioslave, but for me, it's his vocal range - nearly four octaves! - which is pretty damn amazing (and which makes me jealous, since I have "only" three consecutive octaves, or just under).

It's hard to know what to say of Cornell's passing. I heard about it last night and my heart sank, and I spent about an hour re-listening to the old '90s songs by Soundgarden and Alice in Chains on Youtube, re-absorbing the songs that I listened to when I was 18 or 19. The albums of that time are classics now: Dirt, Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, Down on the Upside, Alice in Chains Unplugged. No doubt about it, Cornell and Cantrell and co. rocked.

May Chris rest in peace.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:Indeed. Cornell was famous in the news for Soundgarden and Audioslave, but for me, it's his vocal range - nearly four octaves! - which is pretty damn amazing (and which makes me jealous, since I have "only" three consecutive octaves, or just under).

It's hard to know what to say of Cornell's passing. I heard about it last night and my heart sank, and I spent about an hour re-listening to the old '90s songs by Soundgarden and Alice in Chains on Youtube, re-absorbing the songs that I listened to when I was 18 or 19. The albums of that time are classics now: Dirt, Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, Down on the Upside, Alice in Chains Unplugged. No doubt about it, Cornell and Cantrell and co. rocked.

May Chris rest in peace.
I learned something new about you, sir. I had absolutely no idea what so ever you listened to that type of music.

Here's something I did after hearing the news...
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:Indeed. Cornell was famous in the news for Soundgarden and Audioslave, but for me, it's his vocal range - nearly four octaves! - which is pretty damn amazing (and which makes me jealous, since I have "only" three consecutive octaves, or just under).

May Chris rest in peace.
I learned something new about you, sir. I had absolutely no idea what so ever you listened to that type of music.

Here's something I did after hearing the news...:
Attachments
1.jpg
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Here's a full video of the Soundgarden concert my sister and I went to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5zhgJ9dIc
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote:

May Chris rest in peace.

Here's something I did after hearing the news...:
Um, what happened to my actual post? I'm confused. :?

And yes, I certainly was a metalhead - but only for about 12 years (from about the time I was 16 to the time I was about 28). After that, I started listening to other things too. But up until then, I was seriously into 80s metal (Guns 'n Roses, Metallica) and grunge (Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden etc.) :D

I kinda miss those days - listening to "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" or "Angry Chair" etc. on audio cassette (and latterly, CD). I wonder if that makes me a metal dinosaur... ;)
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

What I heard from the local record shop owner is that he has a relative lot of second-hand metal since it's a genre people apparently grow out of.

Weird since I just grew into it.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Then lucky you.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”