My Phantasmagoria playthrough

Feeling like you're being haunted? Well, if you look in here, you may find (or at least post for some help!) the answers you're looking for - for the Phantasmagoria games!
BBP
Village Elder

Re: My Phantasmagoria playthrough

Post by BBP »

It's such a clear trap, the wide open darkroom door that was closed from chapters 2 to 6... The Hintkeeper would make suggestions to pick up the items before entering there too. I doubt many people walked straight in.

I'd have to try that with the crucifix and getting trapped. Did you crawl into Mary's tomb or was that a wee bit too much?
There've been points where I got trapped in the chase, it's certainly possible... usually walking back and forth once is enough.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

BBP wrote:It's such a clear trap, the wide open darkroom door that was closed from chapters 2 to 6... The Hintkeeper would make suggestions to pick up the items before entering there too. I doubt many people walked straight in.
But you don't expect it to be a point of no return. I was just going to check it out and restore if I wanted to go back. Although to be fair, all of this is actually spelled out in the PDOCO.TXT file which I only read after finishing the game.

"Once Don begins to "chase" you in chapter 7 (you'll know when the
chase has started), you can no longer access the save game feature
in the control panel. As you play through the chase in chapter 7,
the game is automatically being saved for you, but in a fashion
different than before. Once the chase begins, there is no going
back. You must keep going forward...until the ultimate outcome.
From this point on, your "old" saved game will not exist in the
same form anymore. Instead, it will resemble a "saved" movie
sequence instead."

BBP wrote:I'd have to try that with the crucifix and getting trapped. Did you crawl into Mary's tomb or was that a wee bit too much?
There've been points where I got trapped in the chase, it's certainly possible... usually walking back and forth once is enough.
I think I tried opening the tomb, but I couldn't do it. The cursor never turned red.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

You have to use the poker on the tomb. You can't enter the tomb after stabbing Don with said poker in the dressing room.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

BBP wrote:You have to use the poker on the tomb. You can't enter the tomb after stabbing Don with said poker in the dressing room.
I tried that. It seems that if you already have a crucifix, Don always catches you after you leave the tomb. I tried a few other variations on the order of picking things up, and it happens every time. Not that it really matters since you can win anyway, but it does prevent you from finding all three bodies during the chase.

Return to “The Phantasmagoria Games”