The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Doctor Brain...

Banging your head trying to solve the riddles in any of the many Doctor Brain series? Come here - and let us know - someone's bound to have the answer... right?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Doctor Brain...

Post by Tawmis »

The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About the Doctor Brain games...

All of Sierra's "main" games were very different in themes, and as a result - the way the game played, interacted, etc.

If you had to pick out ONE thing (good, or bad) - about the game, that left a lasting impression (and feel free to go into detail) - what would it be?

And I'd like it to be just ONE thing (because on some of our favorites, it's too easy to list all the things we enjoyed).

I want to focus on what made EACH game of the different titles (GK, LSL, PQ, KQ, etc) different than one another?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Doctor Brain..

Post by Tawmis »

My experience with Doctor Brain is limited; I don't think I've ever completed any of them - but those puzzles and riddles were great. That's all I remember.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

In the first Dr Brain you have a puzzle where you have to point out the constellations. Nightmare to me then, but now that I'm a stargazer...

In the second I lovehated the bookshelf puzzles. When I made my walkthrough I played through it infinite times to get all the categories and titles.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote:In the first Dr Brain you have a puzzle where you have to point out the constellations. Nightmare to me then, but now that I'm a stargazer...

In the second I lovehated the bookshelf puzzles. When I made my walkthrough I played through it infinite times to get all the categories and titles.
Do you think the first game's constellation puzzle influenced becoming a stargazer? Like did it make you look it up, learn it, and start you down that road?
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

It was an interest that was always sort of there, I'd been a Stephen Hawking fan since I was 13, but I never thought I could find the constellations until a good friend pointed out Orion and Ursa Major to me and explained how I could find them. Now I can find a number of constellations, especially if I use a star map.

People have looked at the constellations for a long time. Orion, Taurus and Gemini and the Pleiades can be found on the Lascaux cave paintings, which date back to 17,000 BC.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: People have looked at the constellations for a long time. Orion, Taurus and Gemini and the Pleiades can be found on the Lascaux cave paintings, which date back to 17,000 BC.
45e9611843dd4f549f199a7cf2ba2701.jpg
45e9611843dd4f549f199a7cf2ba2701.jpg (22.63 KiB) Viewed 16582 times
:lol:
BlueBMW
Noob

Re: The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Doctor Brain...

Post by BlueBMW »

I played the first two Dr Brain games a lot when I was pretty young (8 years old or so) so some of the puzzles proved pretty challenging. I feel like maybe the first game was a bit harder (that programming puzzle was mad hard for me as a kid) but the second game seemed to have a lot more tedious word puzzles. So what stuck out to me? I really liked the electronics circuits puzzle in Dr brain 1 and the electronics logic puzzle at the end of Dr Brain 2. While those are more like electrical engineering problems, I ended up as mechanical engineer for some reason. Go figure! The other puzzles I really enjoy/enjoyed are the Brainwaves puzzles from Dr Brain 4.

Return to “Doctor Brain Games”