The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Shivers games...

Feeling a SHIVER down your spine? Not sure which way to turn? You might want to come here and ask for clues and hints about SHIVERS and SHIVERS II.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

All of Sierra's "main" games were very different in themes, and as a result - the way the game played, interacted, etc.

If you had to pick out ONE thing (good, or bad) - about the game, that left a lasting impression (and feel free to go into detail) - what would it be?

And I'd like it to be just ONE thing (because on some of our favorites, it's too easy to list all the things we enjoyed).

I want to focus on what made EACH game of the different titles (GK, LSL, PQ, KQ, etc) different than one another?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Shivers games.

Post by Tawmis »

Like Manhunter, this game was really different than any other Sierra game. I don't know if I ever really adjusted to it's interface.
Mostly
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Mostly »

The music was great and both games were really atmospheric.

I loved the feeling especially in the first game of exploring an abandoned museum. It was filled with all sorts of history and folklore from different cultures. The puzzles ranged in difficulty but you had a great deal of freedom in which ones to tackle. Shivers 2 used the same formula and in many ways improved it.

I wish Marcia Bales had designed more games.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Shiv 1 would be getting a near heart attack at the first Ixupi scare... then finding out I had to see it again because I was so scared I exited the game immediately without saving...
The entire game I was on edge because of it, saving all the time.

Shiv 2 was less on the heart attack side except for the cemetery (CURSE YOU NORA!). I had tremendous difficulty telling everybody apart and finding my way, and I never found out why the hitchhiker's body was in the fridge...
What struck me is how much more satisfying one of the other endings is than the original: in the Nora ending when Darkcloud gets to talk to her and she tells him off.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

Return to “The Shivers Games”