The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Leisure Suit Larry

Slipping into your Leisure Suit? Need tips? Or just want to discuss Leisure Suit Larry (Ladies, try to keep the swooning to a minimum, please!) - this is the place to do it!
BBP
Village Elder

Re: The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Leisure Suit L

Post by BBP »

I sometimes play the strange way of getting the stocks before wrapping the Juggs thing just to hear Naomi's response to showing the stock. :)
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Oh? What's Naomi's reply, then? *curious*
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

(checks script)
(finds some dialogue that was removed)

LARRY They're sure ...big. How do you get them that way?
NAILMI Now, Larry, that's a lil' ol' show biz secret.
WYDONCHA Yeah, but it ain't fer nothin' our tour is sponsored by Aqua Net.

NAILMI I don' play the market no more since my fourth husband "business managed" away all my investments on that "sure thing" in Manhattan real estate!
WYDONCHA Oh. Was that "Uncle" Jeff?
NAILMI No. "Uncle" Bernie, that bastard! Remember him?
WYDONCHA Is he the one in Leavenworth now?
NAILMI No, that's Uncle Ernie.
WYDONCHA Well, then, no. I don' remember him.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol: Well, AquaNet is a brand of hairspray. Wouldn't surprise me if the Juggs were sponsored by it.

As for the "Uncles" - I'm not sure who "Uncle" Jeff or "Uncle" Ernie (in Leavenworth) are, but "Uncle" Bernie is probably a reference to Bernie Madoff. Any ideas who "Uncle" Jeff or "Uncle" Ernie are? Now I'm curious. ;)
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Was Madoff that big in 1996? He wasn't found out until 2008. In 1999 the first suspicions about him were outed by financial analyst Harry Markopolos.
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I googled "Bernie Madoff 1996" - and the first result was this article from Forbes Magazine.

The first paragraph is revealing:

"In 1996, some 12 years before Bernie Madoff was arrested for the largest Ponzi scheme in history, a JP Morgan Chase competitor, rumored to be Deutsche Bank, filed a suspicious activity report on Madoff with regulators, closed its Madoff account and turned over its Madoff deposits to JPMC."

So perhaps Al knew more than he was letting on when he wrote about "Uncle Bernie", who "business managed" away all of Nailmi's investments on that "sure thing" in Manhattan real estate.

I don't remember if the Madoff scandal had to do with real estate or Manhattan, though.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Madoff worked as a stock broker, buying and later pretending to buy blue chip stocks.
Because, unlike in regular Ponzi schemes he didn't promise an outlandish profit, and because he always managed to return people's investment once they asked because of the size of his scheme and the nature of his clientele (mainly charities) he managed to keep it up for so long.
Skip to new scripts

Return to “The Leisure Suit Larry Series”