Choose my next adventure

Nonspecific Sierra games or ones that do not have its own forum.
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Re: Choose my next adventure

Post by notbobsmith »

BBP wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:09 pm Mmm I think 7th Guest is easier than Shivers - except for the microscope puzzle. But even for that one there's a Puzzle Skip System.
The problem with that "puzzle" was that it wasn't a puzzle at all; it was a game. The AI is just much better than we are at playing it. I ended up finding a website that simulates the microscope game. You basically enter the AI's move in the browser and you put in the next move in the game. It still took 3 times for me to win. This was also my main problem with The 11th Hour. A good number of the "puzzles" were just like this. One was just playing Connect Four against the AI which is a lot harder than it sounds.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Yeah the Connect 4 was beyond mean - with 7 columns it's very well playable but with 8... Worst to me is the Mouse game because it's so cute I could have loved it - I got the hint book. For Mouse, the Strategy in the 11th Hour Solution Book, is: "Reset until you get an easy one."
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:09 pm Mmm I think 7th Guest is easier than Shivers - except for the microscope puzzle. But even for that one there's a Puzzle Skip System.
You think 7th Guest was easier? Yeesh! 7th Guest and 11th Hour - while I loved them both - killed me with some of the "games" (not so much puzzles) in them; because some of it required knowledge of other games (such as Chess, which - if you're not familiar with - you're in for a rough ride).
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Still you can skip them...
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:02 pm Still you can skip them...
True! But where's the fun of that? :)

We're here because we're obsessed with these games!

You can go on Youtube and watch "Shivers" and say you "skipped" past all the puzzles and beat the game! :D
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

There's no joy to be gotten from beating the microscope, because you as a mere mortal cannot beat an AI that is a thousand times stronger than you. To top it off, there's no reward for microscope.
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:01 am There's no joy to be gotten from beating the microscope, because you as a mere mortal cannot beat an AI that is a thousand times stronger than you. To top it off, there's no reward for microscope.
Heh! I know, I was being silly! (But we must be stronger... smarter than the AI... #SkyNetHasAwakened) :D
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

I am making progress. So what is next after Shivers?

The Adventures of Willy Beamish
The Black Cauldron
The Colonel's Bequest / Dagger of Amon Ra
Conquests of Camelot
Conquests of the Longbow
Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist
Gold Rush
Heart of China
Lighthouse
Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria 2
Shivers
Torin's Passage

Polls close Sunday.
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Shivers II would be a decent choice if you have access, but I've gotta say Phantas2,
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

adeyke
Oldbie

Post by adeyke »

I suppose I'll say the Black Cauldron, just for its unique parserless AGI interface. I don't really care for the game itself, though. I'm a big fan of the books, but the game is instead based on the Disney movie, which I haven't watched.
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

I guess it is cheap enough. Probably cheaper than when GOG first releases it. I'll think about it.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:27 pm I am making progress. So what is next after Shivers?

The Adventures of Willy Beamish
The Black Cauldron
Gold Rush
Heart of China
Phantasmagoria 2

Polls close Sunday.
My vote would be:
1. The Black Cauldron. Very easy, very straight forward. Might be a nice break after Lighthouse and Shivers.

I want to say GOLD RUSH, but really, because of the three different paths you can take, I'd say save that for last - because you're really going to want to explore that game. And because death came come for you randomly (diseases and such) which are random and unpreventable. So that might make the game a little longer if you don't do the traditional, "Save Early, Save Often, Make Multiple Directories To Save!" :lol:
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

I'm on the Black Cauldron bandwagon too. I like to think it's a light break from the horror games you've been playing (despite being based on one of the darker Disney movies.)

Speaking of, save at least one scary game for Halloween season. :)
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Datadog wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:47 pm
Speaking of, save at least one scary game for Halloween season. :)
Not a bad idea, although that pretty much just leaves Phantasmagoria 2 at this point (unless I get Shivers 2).

Return to “Other Sierra Games”