From the WINDOWs to the WALLpaper...

Talk about anything you want here
shellybee
Sierra Lover

Re: Show us your desktop!

Post by shellybee »

DeadPoolX wrote:I'm not particularly thrilled with Tim Burton's films, but some of them aren't too bad. I actually liked Sleepy Hollow, although a number of critics disliked it.

I thought Christopher walken made the best headless horseman ever...

As far as the Twilight series is concerned... I had never heard of it before the movie was released and the millions of teenage girls going crazy over it. I don't understand it, but then again, I haven't bothered to see the movie or read the books. The idea of a teenage vampire involved in a romance with a human is less than interesting to me.
I never did watch twilight or read the books..but I do have a teeneage daughter and i had to listen to the dialogue as she watched it likme 12 billion times... :lol:
Yeah..I'm not getting into that Angel conversation..ain't that right Tawmis.. ;) I like my points...

The only reason I would like to see a horror Alice movie is because of all the geeky qualities I have...I am a horror geek above all...Books movies and games alike... :)
"MMMMMM!!..Kudo jerkey pretzels..."
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

shellybee wrote: Yeah..I'm not getting into that Angel conversation..ain't that right Tawmis.. ;) I like my points...
:lol: The points only apply on my site. Here you're safe to say what you want! :)
shellybee
Sierra Lover

Post by shellybee »

Tawmis wrote:
shellybee wrote: Yeah..I'm not getting into that Angel conversation..ain't that right Tawmis.. ;) I like my points...
:lol: The points only apply on my site. Here you're safe to say what you want! :)
Oh ok I see... :lol:
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

Jules wrote:
Maiandra wrote:Image
Maia, is your desktop from a game?

Yes, yes it is. It is a Guild Wars screenshot. I liked the lighting in the sky at that moment, but, unfortunately, I didn't realise I managed to snap the end of some kind of structure in it.
Jules wrote:A horror Alice movie just doesn't appeal to me. The bloody environment can stay with American McGee's game. ;)

I am glad they are making it based on the book and not the game as well. I'm sure it will have some darker overtones if it's a Tim Burton movie, but I hope it doesn't become too far removed from the original feel of the books. Of course how they feel to me is probably different than other people.

I took a children's literature course during my undergrad and we studied Alice in Wonderland in it. A number of people in the class quite firmly stated that they felt the book was "very disturbing". I was really surprised. I guess they'd think I'm very disturbing too. :D
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

I like the lighting too.

Really, disturbing? That is a little surprising. Or maybe their minds are even more demented.. thinking things we wouldn'tve! ^_^
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Jules wrote:I like the lighting too.

Really, disturbing? That is a little surprising. Or maybe their minds are even more demented.. thinking things we wouldn'tve! ^_^
Part of the problem is that most people are only familiar with the Disney versions of different stories, such as Alice in Wonderland. Fairy tales suffer the same problem. I suppose society feels that the original versions are too "traumatic" for children nowadays and will somehow harm their sensitive fragile minds. :roll:
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
shellybee
Sierra Lover

Post by shellybee »

DeadPoolX wrote:
Jules wrote:I like the lighting too.

Part of the problem is that most people are only familiar with the Disney versions of different stories, such as Alice in Wonderland. Fairy tales suffer the same problem. I suppose society feels that the original versions are too "traumatic" for children nowadays and will somehow harm their sensitive fragile minds. :roll:
Well..my chidren are already demented and disturbed..so I'm not worried about it...
:lol:
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Thoughtful with Odin...

DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Tawmis wrote:Thoughtful with Odin...

Maybe Odin considers that photo as "thoughtful with Tawmis." :P
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Odin probably considers jumping off the cliff to be away from me! :D
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

:lol: That's a great photo of you guys, Tawm!

Current desktop, another Guild Wars screenshot.

Time for another visit to digital blasphemy.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

GW really does have some beautiful graphics.
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

New one at work. Squirkers. ^_^

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

From the WINDOWs to the WALLpaper...

Post by Tawmis »

Andrea reminded me of a thread that I had on my personal forum that might be fun to do here... Essentially post your wallpaper on from your machine into this thread to share with folks!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: From the WINDOWs to the WALLpaper...

Post by Tawmis »

My current one (dual monitors) at home...
Image1.jpg

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”