What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Most of that is about story, and I value gameplay over story so you've lost me there lol.

The rest though, you can't do things like change the colour of your clothes (or your LIGHTSABER). I'm dependent on finding lightsabers (super rare) that have different colour crystals and then I'm hoping that the crystals they contain are compatible with the hilts I want to use (almost never). If you want to make your own coloured crystals you have to do these research skills and if you're f2p you can only research one at a time. Add that on top of researching taking ages to level up in skills so you can actually combine each of the researched skills (and the items you've obtained from each) all of which takes forever, and you might finally have your own coloured crystal. Of course, if you pay the process is 10 times quicker as I understand it. Also, my inventory is freaking full and I have no more space in my house's inventory so I no longer have room for anything.

TOR f2p is for experiencing the story and nothing else and it ticks me off so I refuse to relaunch it out of spite lol. At least until the point where I'm curious about what's going to come next and then I'll boot it up. I haven't played it in about a year though...
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:45 pm Most of that is about story, and I value gameplay over story so you've lost me there lol.
TOR f2p is for experiencing the story and nothing else and it ticks me off so I refuse to relaunch it out of spite lol. At least until the point where I'm curious about what's going to come next and then I'll boot it up. I haven't played it in about a year though...
Fair enough! Some people just don't like certain things, so I won't knock it. :)
MusicallyInspired wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:45 pm The rest though, you can't do things like change the colour of your clothes (or your LIGHTSABER). I'm dependent on finding lightsabers (super rare) that have different colour crystals and then I'm hoping that the crystals they contain are compatible with the hilts I want to use (almost never). If you want to make your own coloured crystals you have to do these research skills and if you're f2p you can only research one at a time. Add that on top of researching taking ages to level up in skills so you can actually combine each of the researched skills (and the items you've obtained from each) all of which takes forever, and you might finally have your own coloured crystal. Of course, if you pay the process is 10 times quicker as I understand it. Also, my inventory is freaking full and I have no more space in my house's inventory so I no longer have room for anything.
Hrm. So... maybe something's changed? Changing your lightsaber color is as easy as getting the crystal for it. You can buy any color lightsaber color in the Auction House for credits, based on level according to this: The colors you'll have very easy access to are green, blue, and red. By mid 20s you'll have easy access to orange and yellow crystals. Purple was gotten from PvP frequently (not sure if they changed that since beta). Other colors like black cores (minus the Pre-Order crystal), or white, are very rare and hard to find.

But yeah, I've just used the auction house to purchase lightsabres with credits (some can be expensive, due to rarity, but it's so easy to earn credits in the game, that as long as it's not above 350,000 - it's affordable).

Not that any of this will change your mind - and not that I am trying to change your mind! :lol:

So to switch gears, I played World of Wacraft last night - I recovered all of my original characters (which included a level 80 Shaman, that has changed so much I had no idea what I was doing). So I made a new Tauren Shaman to essentially relearn my class. And I discovered that the Tauren starting area is all changed - as well as the Origmarr (sp?) where the Orcs start. So that was a nice change to feel like I was doing new quests, and not the same content I played many years ago. It's not enough to convince me to keep playing beyond the month I paid for, however.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I'm re-playing Skyrim with even more (non-game-breaking) mods and having lots, and lots, and lots (and lots!) of fun. :lol: Some people out there are very talented at making mods.

I'm still waiting for TES6. I found TESO very disappointing, unfortunately. :(
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

ESO is just a distraction for now until a real ES game comes out. It was nice getting to know Morrowind again, though. Beautiful what they did with the world in that expansion. I just don't like that MMO DNA where the same enemies are all in the same places like some kind of simulation and people are running around in the same map accomplishing the same goals with the same NPCs who all say that only you can help them. It just feels so mechanical and boring, which is why I haven't touched an MMO in a long time.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I tried installing ESO. It took me over 16 hours (roughly 5pm Saturday to 9:30am Sunday!!!) to download the game and update it on Steam. But finally it was done. I fired it up and thought "This better be worth it!" :P

It wasn't. It was slow as dirt. Slow dirt.

I uninstalled it and threw it away. Even worse than WoW. Never touched it since.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Slow meaning what? Framerate/performance? Or slow storywise? Or the game is just too slow in how characters move? (if the latter is the case, don't play Morrowind! lol)
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:26 am I tried installing ESO. It took me over 16 hours (roughly 5pm Saturday to 9:30am Sunday!!!) to download the game and update it on Steam. But finally it was done. I fired it up and thought "This better be worth it!" :P
Well, 85 GB is a lot to download, although it shouldn't have taken over sixteen hours to do so. Do you have the correct download region set in Steam?

You can find this by clicking "Steam" (in the upper left-hand corner) and then clicking "settings" and finally selecting "downloads." In that menu, there's a section labeled "Download Region" which you'd want to set to one of the five available regions for Australia. If you can't find your exact region, select the closest one. For instance, Maia and I live in Victoria, BC, but the closest region for us is Vancouver, so that's what we selected.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:26 amIt wasn't. It was slow as dirt. Slow dirt.
Like MI asked, what do you mean by "slow?" :?
Tawmis wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:14 am In preparation for Mortal Kombat 11, tonight I loaded up MKX - started from the start of the story and just beat it.
(Yes, I also realize I may be the only person who enjoys Mortal Kombat on here) :lol:
Nope! I like the MK series. Been playing it since the original came out on the Sega Genesis (yes, I did get it on that system because unlike the SNES version, Sega kept all the fatalities and blood, which I found vitally important when I was 12 years-old) and played quite a bit if MKX. Like all fighting games, however, MKX got a little repetitive, even after they added in some neat characters, like the Predator.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Nintendo may have censored the crap out of MK, but they didn't for MK2 and that was my favourite of the originals. MK2 on SNES is the best console version in my opinion. So much nostalgia with that game. I still have a copy of the cartridge!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

DeadPoolX wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:25 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:26 am I tried installing ESO. It took me over 16 hours (roughly 5pm Saturday to 9:30am Sunday!!!) to download the game and update it on Steam. But finally it was done. I fired it up and thought "This better be worth it!" :P
Well, 85 GB is a lot to download, although it shouldn't have taken over sixteen hours to do so. Do you have the correct download region set in Steam?

You can find this by clicking "Steam" (in the upper left-hand corner) and then clicking "settings" and finally selecting "downloads." In that menu, there's a section labeled "Download Region" which you'd want to set to one of the five available regions for Australia. If you can't find your exact region, select the closest one. For instance, Maia and I live in Victoria, BC, but the closest region for us is Vancouver, so that's what we selected.
OK. I checked this, and yes, it is in my region (Australia - VIC). So I'm not sure what happened.

I knew that this game was massive, so I bought it on DVD, to save on the download time. It took forever even when installed off a DVD.
DeadPoolX wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:25 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:26 amIt wasn't. It was slow as dirt. Slow dirt.
Like MI asked, what do you mean by "slow?" :?
MusicallyInspired wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:49 am Slow meaning what? Framerate/performance? Or slow storywise? Or the game is just too slow in how characters move? (if the latter is the case, don't play Morrowind! lol)
Whoops! :oops: Sorry - by slow, I mean that the characters moved very slowly (I presume that means the framerate or the performance). However, my character was slowest to move. I noticed this as soon as I started the game - it took me forever to run across to the target on the screen. Then I opened a door, stepped into another room, and was spotted by an enemy. I tried to draw my sword (very slowly), but two enemies fired arrows at me. One arrow... two arrows... up to six arrows... and I died before I could even draw my sword, much less find who was attacking me. Umm, what the heck??? :shock:
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

MusicallyInspired wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 pm Nintendo may have censored the crap out of MK, but they didn't for MK2 and that was my favourite of the originals. MK2 on SNES is the best console version in my opinion. So much nostalgia with that game. I still have a copy of the cartridge!
I agree, MK2 on the SNES was better than the Genesis version. In many cases, the SNES versions of games were visually superior because the hardware was more advanced. If a game was released for both consoles and they had identical content, I'd usually opt for the SNES version.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:25 am Whoops! :oops: Sorry - by slow, I mean that the characters moved very slowly (I presume that means the framerate or the performance). However, my character was slowest to move. I noticed this as soon as I started the game - it took me forever to run across to the target on the screen. Then I opened a door, stepped into another room, and was spotted by an enemy. I tried to draw my sword (very slowly), but two enemies fired arrows at me. One arrow... two arrows... up to six arrows... and I died before I could even draw my sword, much less find who was attacking me. Umm, what the heck??? :shock:
Did you meet the recommended system requirements for the game?

A quick Google search showed me that this "moving slowly" problem is a well-known bug. On this site, one person claims that performing a "heavy attack" solves the issue:
pr0dukt_ wrote:Are you talking about the "grandma bug"? Like your character moves super slowly and only on normal speed when you sprint? That is indeed fixed by doing a heavy attack. I usually do the heavy attack on a lightning staff bar (I cannot recall if I every got the bug outside of wearing a lightning staff)

If you just walk slowly all the time and heavy attack doesn't work, maybe you have accidentally toggled run/walk. I don't know if "Y" (or maybe "Z" on english keyboard) is the standard button for the toggle, I have it on Y.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Might want to give it a second chance.

But please, don't bother playing Morrowind lol. Unless you start off with The Steed as your sign and Acrobatics and Athletics as two of your Major Skills and run and jump A LOT.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Because GOG had it on sale, I bought EXPEDITION: VIKINGS ... just only passed the intro bit, but it looks like it has promise.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:33 pm Because GOG had it on sale, I bought EXPEDITION: VIKINGS ... just only passed the intro bit, but it looks like it has promise.
Please let us know what it's like, Tawm. :) I've had my eye on that one for quite some time.

DPX, my computer meets the minimum and then some. :? I looked that error up online, found the same thing and tried the "heavy attack", but nothing happened. *shrug*

Oh, well...
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Now, you said the character moved slowly and that you assumed that this was a "framerate" issue. Framerate issues mean that your FPS goes really low and the video becomes super choppy and not smooth. I don't think that's what you mean if you're talking about your character moving slowly. Either way, I've never run into this problem. Strange.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:44 pm
Tawmis wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:33 pm Because GOG had it on sale, I bought EXPEDITION: VIKINGS ... just only passed the intro bit, but it looks like it has promise.
Please let us know what it's like, Tawm. :) I've had my eye on that one for quite some time.

DPX, my computer meets the minimum and then some. :? I looked that error up online, found the same thing and tried the "heavy attack", but nothing happened. *shrug*

Oh, well...
I didn't say "minimum," I said "recommended." The minimum specs for a game only mean that the game can start up. It might run like complete crap and be virtually unplayable, but technically, the minimum specs will get the game "running." So I usually ignore minimum specs and look at the recommended specs. Those aren't always accurate either, but it's a better way to gauge what the game needs.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”