Bad news, I'm afraid ...

Talk about anything you want here
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Bad news, I'm afraid ...

Post by Rath Darkblade »

So yesterday I learned some news that I suspected for a few months now, and which will definitely rule me out of any strenuous physical activity for some time. I have rheumatoid arthritis. :(

That's the bad news. So, no sports for me apart from walking and, possibly, cycling (for a limited duration).

The good news is that, otherwise, it probably won't force me to change my eating habits or my life.  :) So, hooray!

I'm treating it over the next few weeks to reduce the pain level. In three weeks' time, I'll meet my rheumatologist again to discuss further treatment. We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed ...
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Re: Bad news, I'm afraid ...

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Yikes. Sad to hear.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:06 am So yesterday I learned some news that I suspected for a few months now, and which will definitely rule me out of any strenuous physical activity for some time. I have rheumatoid arthritis. :(
I'm treating it over the next few weeks to reduce the pain level. In three weeks' time, I'll meet my rheumatologist again to discuss further treatment. We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed ...
Take care of yourself, and keep us updated, good sir.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

So I've been taking the painkillers for three days now, and I'm glad to say that things are going fine. :) I'm finding it easier to walk and certainly easier to sleep.

I learned a little more about the illness. Arthritis isn't something that attacks only old people, although it's most noticeable in old age. In fact, it usually attacks people in their 40s and 50s. My rheumatologist mentioned that one patient in her 20s suffered from it, and it even happens to toddlers (although it's rare). So it's nothing to be afraid of or ashamed of.

I'm just glad that I know what's going on. I've had 2-3 falls in the past 4-5 years, and I've had a number of doctors suggesting various things and not getting anywhere. Meanwhile, things were getting more and more painful (mostly around the toes, feet and ankles). :( So I'm glad there's finally some sort of consensus. Now I can move on with my life and actually treat the damn thing! :D

*gets ready to kick the arthritis right in the rear!* ;)
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

I hope it will be better soon
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Sorry to hear about your plight, Rath, hope you'll feel better!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Thanks, Qbix and BBP. :) I am already feeling better. At least I can walk, sleep, and stand for long periods without pain. Next stop? Running. (Yes, unfortunately, I can't run continuously for more than 5-7 minutes without starting to feel pain).

I once thought that I was simply getting older, but I guess not. Arthritis is no joke. :( The good thing is that I can stand for long periods, which is what I have to do if I want to participate in concerts and things. ;)
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Thanks, nonbobsmith. :) I think I can see what's going to happen with arthritis - it'll probably be a long road to recovery. Hopefully not. It depends how my body adjusts to these painkillers and things ... fingers crossed.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”