New to Laura Bow....

Feeling like this game could be murder... literally? Well, come on in here for some extra detective work (and clues/hints/etc!) for the Laura Bow games (The Colonel's Bequest and The Dagger of Amon Ra).
SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

New to Laura Bow....

Post by SierraDude81 »

Hey Everyone!!!

I recently recieved a copy of CB from a friend who knows I'm a huge Sierra fan, and so far I have to say it's a real fun game...not alot seems to be happening but it's heavily atmospheric and everyone is rousing my suspicions! it's interesting going from room to room and seeing how the various people react to my/Laura's presence, and I take the clock that appears to mean things are moving forward...so far I witnessed Gertie's dead body, and saw someone on the veranda, and no one believe's me about Gertie. I was just wondering what are some tips for getting the most out of the game, without being too spoiler heavy...I just don't want to miss anything cool
The Procestuousity begins here!
Maiandra
Oldbie

Re: New to Laura Bow....

Post by Maiandra »

• Explore as much as possible.
  • Try to interact with everything and everyone. Be creative, since it's a text parser.
  • Revisit every location in each chapter. More than once, if the clock appears to indicate a change.
  • Find a good place to observe people without being observed yourself.
  • Look at everything.
  • Most of all, save before trying anything, since there are a number of ways to die. Some of them are actually quite humorous. :D
Generally, be thorough and you shouldn't miss too much.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Not going to say which one - but something Mai said is VERY VERY VERY important to get the most out of the game's story... Picture yourself in her shoes... and you will see.
SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

Post by SierraDude81 »

Wow this game is fun...people are dying left and right...and everyone seems to have an apparent motive....this is definitely one game to play many times. Is the murderer the same all the time?
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

SierraDude81 wrote:Wow this game is fun...people are dying left and right...and everyone seems to have an apparent motive....this is definitely one game to play many times. Is the murderer the same all the time?
I can't help but find that statement humorous. :D
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

Post by SierraDude81 »

DeadPoolX wrote:
SierraDude81 wrote:Wow this game is fun...people are dying left and right...and everyone seems to have an apparent motive....this is definitely one game to play many times. Is the murderer the same all the time?
I can't help but find that statement humorous. :D
Well, I'm attempting to give Laura an "The Uninvited" Type twist....lol
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

No, I believe there's... three?... different endings you can come up with, depending on what you find throughout the game. I could be mistaken... but I am pretty sure I ended up with two different killers when playing it multiple times...
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Spoiler, sort of. Highlight to see:

I'm pretty sure there's only one killer but there *are* two different endings, depending on who you shoot at the end. Whoever you don't shoot will tell you that you did the right thing, but I think if you shoot the good guy, the bad guy is lying to you.

--end of spoiler--

Return to “The Laura Bow Games”