Bug?

Feeling like this game could be murder... literally? Well, come on in here for some extra detective work (and clues/hints/etc!) for the Laura Bow games (The Colonel's Bequest and The Dagger of Amon Ra).
SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

Bug?

Post by SierraDude81 »

I'm playing through Dagger of Amon Ra, I'm currently on Act III...I don't know if this is a bug or not but I'm having problems with the "control panel" not being accessable in certain rooms/areas, and I like to make alot of saves when I experiment incase I do something wrong and I have to go back...but it's tough to when it seems I can only save in certain areas...is this a bug or intentional?
The Procestuousity begins here!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Bug?

Post by Tawmis »

If Jules come on here she could probably tell you better than I could... but I thought this was intentional? But I could be misremembering, as I often do, being the old man that I am. :)
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

I've never heard of that bug before, sorry. How far along are you now? This is one of my favorite games. ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

If Jules hasn't heard of a bug in LB2 then it doesn't exist. Simple as that. :D

You could upload one of your save games and see if we experience the same issue. I'd say most of us here have LB2.
SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

Post by SierraDude81 »

Sure I could do that....uh..please forgive my Noobishness but how does one upload saved games to here?

BTW, thanks to Gabriel Knight I know what happens to Laura and Steve Dorian :p

Hmm...that brings up another topic...how many Sierra games exist in the same universe?
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

To attach your save games, go to the "Upload attachment" below the "Post a reply" section. Click the "Browse..." button to navigate to your save games and click the "Add the File" button. The SCI save games consist of two different types of files with "SG" as part of the name; one catalog file (*.DIR or *.CAT) and A sequentially numbered save game file for each save game (*.000, *.001, *.002, etc.). AGI games usually are just numbered *.1, *.2, etc.

If you are near the beginning, you can contribute to a library of save games. The saves should consist of a clearly titled save games before each major scene. If we get enough, I'll host them here. any of the member Gateway sites would be free to mirror the relevant saves on their sites, as well.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

Post by SierraDude81 »

This one should be the correct file, it should be from the start of ACT III, the main room that gives me the problem is the office where you find the snake oil, but it's also occured at various points, like the room that has the painting with the key, and a few rooms in the basement like the security office, and the vat room.
Attachments
LB2SG.005
(9.97 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
LB2SG.DIR
(528 Bytes) Downloaded 278 times
discoalucard
Noob

Post by discoalucard »

I don't know if anyone's still reading this, but I can corroborate this - I'm running into the same issue. It tends to disappear from room to room. Kind of annoying.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I will try it with the attached save games when I get home.

Return to “The Laura Bow Games”