What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:27 am Yes - the game plays the same. What's more, if you only have the regular Cluedo and you're playing online with people who have season pass, they can all have different boards. Like, if you ask for the Ballroom in a standard game, an opponent playing the Vampire set, would see you asking for the Throne Room.
That's a very cool feature of the game!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Just beat CRACKDOWN again on the XBOX One (Crackdown 1 and 2 were free; I have them both for X360 and beat 1 back then, but was at the end of 2 which I never beat). So today I began CRACKDOWN 2 on the XBOX One.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

My Steam game collection has doubled - now I also have Ticket to Ride. Apparently I can invite all my Steam friends to play by giving them a link.

It has one main pro over the physical board game - in Ticket to Ride, counting points is a nightmare. You know, taking a photo before double checking the in-game scoring, then trying to figure out what the longest route is and who scored what connection... Game takes 2 hours of which half an hour is counting scores at the end.

And in the pc game it takes under 10 minutes to complete. :D
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Secret Agent HD. Tons of fun. Controls are way more fluid now too. Just makes the game more fun to play. They added a whole 4th episode to the original as well as a level editor and Steam Workshop integration. I've beaten everything except the final boss level and the secret level which is haaaarrdd.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

BBP wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:34 pm At the Cluedo forum I moderate sometimes games are hosted by its members in good ol' adventure game style. Currently there's a nice murder mystery going on called The Golden Goddess. I'm very curious to see what happens!
https://theartofmurder.com/forums/viewt ... =1&t=22036
This post dates back to February. The Golden Goddess is still going strong. The author spent half a year writing and fleshing out the story and now we've been playing it for 9 months.

It's an adventure story - the writer is the game master who fleshes out the opening and the other members direct what action is taken - much like an adventure game.

Nine months in after 60 pages we've reached an important point in the story and I Haven't had this kind of anticipation and fear in a game since I first played GK3.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:08 am
BBP wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:34 pm At the Cluedo forum I moderate sometimes games are hosted by its members in good ol' adventure game style. Currently there's a nice murder mystery going on called The Golden Goddess. I'm very curious to see what happens!
This post dates back to February. The Golden Goddess is still going strong. The author spent half a year writing and fleshing out the story and now we've been playing it for 9 months.
It's an adventure story - the writer is the game master who fleshes out the opening and the other members direct what action is taken - much like an adventure game.
Nine months in after 60 pages we've reached an important point in the story and I Haven't had this kind of anticipation and fear in a game since I first played GK3.
This sounds very similar to Dungeons & Dragons?

You have a DM (Story teller) and party members who control their character's actions?
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Well, it's not fantasy-themed. We're trapped on an island and people are falling like flies. You'll wanna read it, trust me :D
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:56 am Well, it's not fantasy-themed. We're trapped on an island and people are falling like flies. You'll wanna read it, trust me :D
Right, I get it's not fantasy themed. :) But it sounds like it operates very much like D&D.

I had also run an entire session based on CLUE, in a round about way.

I had the map face down so it was just blank on the top when everyone arrived. Did some of the stuff that leads them to the manor.

Then told everyone to remove their food and stuff off the map - flipped it over.

They QUICKLY realized what the map represented.

I'd taken (most) of the rooms from all the different versions of CLUE and put them on the map.

Once the bodies started dropping, they started putting dead bodies on the map (from paper with names) - and kept the "guest list" handy to see who was where.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png

http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... e-notes-08
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:08 am
I love how almost each added post has art.
The only downside - the first post seems to show a lot of people already dead? Which might feel like a spoiler?
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Yes, that first post is for us to keep track. It shows all characters, which ones are dead, plus our inventory. To new players it would be a spoiler, yes.
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

There should be a separate thread that's locked or something - for you guys to see who has been killed, inventory, etc - and marked as "Spoilers" - like "The Golden Goddess - Spoilers" - and that's where you guys keep track of stuff. :D That way, someone like me, doesn't go in - start reading about the Groundskeeper - but I already know he's gonna get aced because of the first image. :D
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

MusicallyInspired wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:18 pm Secret Agent HD. Tons of fun. Controls are way more fluid now too. Just makes the game more fun to play. They added a whole 4th episode to the original as well as a level editor and Steam Workshop integration. I've beaten everything except the final boss level and the secret level which is haaaarrdd.
Sheesh. I remember that game from when I played it back in the early 90s. Apogee Software made it, IIRC - they also made the original Duke Nukem.

But Steam Workshop? I thought it was just on GOG.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:57 pm Sheesh. I remember that game from when I played it back in the early 90s. Apogee Software made it, IIRC - they also made the original Duke Nukem.

But Steam Workshop? I thought it was just on GOG.
Nope, it's on Steam too. You may or may not know they also did a Crystal Caves HD remake a little while back. And they're currently remaking Monster Bash and Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure in the same fashion.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Played through all of Torin's Passage in one go.

...one of the first games I did a walkthrough on and embarassingly I felt the need to use the ingame hint system.
In Tenebrous the game reaches a point of linearity that is confusing. Instead of having simply the stage master announce you're due onstage when all flags are set, there are various points where you need to do something unrelated before you can do something more that's unrelated.It turned out I needed to grab the bagpipes before the carpenter would leave his saw behind and before I could grab the rosin. Was weird.
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:24 pm Played through all of Torin's Passage in one go.
WHA? From what you just picked up?
I know you've played it before, but that's amazing you got through it that fast again!

The only game I can get through super quickly is LSL1 (EGA). (Naturally, because Larry never lasts long! :lol: )
The only thing that ever slows me down is the gambling portion, as I am not a gambler.
So I always go to the slot machines.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”