[2022] The Time To Guess Is At Hand!

"MASQ Of Eternity" is our traditional Halloween event. It's essentially a "Virtual Masquerade." Please see the FAQ in the forum.
*The Butler
Masquerade

[2022] The Time To Guess Is At Hand!

Post by *The Butler »

Please make guesses as your regular self as I am about to disable the MASQ accounts around November 7th, 2022. :)

And to add spice because there are so few people this time - please LIE about your MASQ in the guessing!

For example, I might say: "I think the Butler is DeadpoolX............"

Even though, clearly I know I am the Butler.

This will throw off anyone who might try to sneak a peek at the spoilers where it says "The Butler is ............me..........." for example! :)

I will leave the other 2022 MASQ threads open until November 1st or 2nd, before locking them down. :)

Please remember to use the SPOILER tags when making your guesses so you don't ruin it for anyone else!

I also recommend adding "....." at the end of the person's true name so the spoiler tags look longer than the names! That way it doesn't make it too easy for others to guess without actually checking spoilers!

So for example rather than say "I think The Butler is Tawmis"

You'd say "I think The Butler is Tawmis........"

Also reveal who you are in Spoilers, so when you post guessing others - it's not easy to see, "Hey Tawmis didn't guess who the Butler was! He must be the Butler!"

So for example I would do:

MASQ01 was BBP.....................
MASQ02 was none other than me!
MASQ03 was clearly Jules
MASQ04 Was probably notbobsmith because of how he answered Question01
MASQ05 must be Rath, as the last person!

Also if someone guesses who you are put the Correct or Incorrect in spoilers so it doesn't sway someone else's guess unless they want to see the spoiler.

Feel free to put the "justification" for your guesses in the spoiler, when you're guessing for extra points and fun!

The MASQs were:

* Red Herring
* Exorcist
* Error404
* Colonel Bechamel
* Chuckie Brown
* Samhain
* Cup Half Full

The people wearing MASQs were:

Wait - let's do this different this year.

I am not going to list who participated.

And I will say - at least ONE was a red herring - as in, it was me.

BUT.

MORE than one COULD be a red herring (as in, it could be me).

Was it just you?

And the REST were me?

Posing as red herrings?

You will have to figure it out...

Do any sound like Collector... or BBP... or Rath... or NotBobSmith... or Jules or... Semi-Happy Partygoer... or DPX... or Simo... or...?

You figure it out based on how they responded to things.

So - can you discover which of these GUESTS are behind the MASQs?

Feel free to begin guessing in this thread using the rules stated (in regards to using SPOILER tags and ensuring you put ".........." in front or behind or both, next to each guess so it's not easy to tell by the size of the spoiler space for others!)

And to add spice - feel free to LIE about your MASQ!

For example, I might say: "I think the Butler is DeadpoolX............"

Even though, clearly I know I am the Butler.

This will throw off anyone who might try to sneak a peek at the spoilers where it says "The Butler is ............me..........." for example! :)

I will leave the other 2022 MASQ threads open until November 1st or 2nd, before locking them down!
Mrs. White, you've been paying our friend, the blackmailer, ever since your husband died under, shall we say, mysterious circumstances?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: [2022] The Time To Guess Is At Hand!

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmm. But, but, but ... Exorcist never posted ... :(

Here are my guesses:

* I would say that Samhain was NotBobSmith, because he knows about how to pronounce "Samhain" in Gaelic; NBS knows a lot about this sort of stuff. Plus, he put it in a footnote, which NBS also does). :-)

* Red Herring ... played Zelda - didn't get very far (game borrowed). Doesn't post often. BBP, maybe..............................?

* Exorcist is ............ unknown ............. never posted.

* Error404 is ........... well, he/she played minesweeper on google, and collects too many things). Rudy, maybe?

* Colonel Bechamel is Tawmis! Of course he is! Yes..................... :-)

* Chuckie Brown was me! Everyone knows how bloodthirsty and violent I am!

* Cup Half Full is hard to guess, I guess.

Thanks, Tawm! That was fun. :D
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

* Red Herring - I'm guessing Red Herring was the red herring and was The Butler all along.
* Exorcist - Never posted so I'm not really sure I can guess.
* Error404 - Jules. Just a guess. Otherwise I have no clue.
* Colonel Bechamel - Definitely has to be Rath based on how often he posted.
* Chuckie Brown - SHP? Something about the humor maybe.
* Samhain - No peeking, but if you did. Yes it was me.
* Cup Half Full - DPX? Really just a guess here.

And Rath's guess is .........................CORRECT!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Heh, I thought I was pretty... transparent... except for one.

* Red Herring... this was me all along. I gave myself the obvious name, just for giggles.
* Exorcist... this was actually BBP, unfortunately, she wasn't ever able to partake.
* Error404... this was also me all along, I tried to make this one sound like how I imagine NBS would sound! :D
* Colonel Bechamel... Well, we know who that was because they posted and NBS was right.
* Chuckie Brown... this was also me, but I was trying to make it sound like DPX.
* Samhain ... We know who this is because they said who they were.
* Cup Half Full... this was me, i guess... I googled "something random" or something rather and it gave me results of cup half full.

All the icons I used were transparent PNG except the Error404.

Despite not getting a lot of participation - which is why I didn't do the murder game - I thought it was still fun. Which is why I also didn't list who partook this time around.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

It's really embarrassing and a crying shame that I managed to alert you all on time so we could have a decent Masq run - and it ends up being the first edition I missed out on. I'd planned a short stint as Exorcist - a nod to the demons I beat in the last few years (picks up a nearby spider and gives it a big wet kiss). Instead this year the demons won - I had planned for a week stay with my boyfriend halfway which could allow me some SHP time, but in the weeks starting October my dad had finished his book and was presenting it to a Dutch celebrity (who called in sick hours before the start of the presentation, which was heartbreaking) - the week after at BFs I had barely time to visit - and then my father got Corona while I was away. It was terrifying but fortunately he has fully recovered. Of course it did mean that I couldn't go back home.
When he recovered I might have still enjoyed the last few days - were it not that then I came down with a terrible cold and a UTI. Things were just against me partaking this month.

My sincere apologies. I hope we can have a fun run next year.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

BBP wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:24 pm
It's really embarrassing and a crying shame that I managed to alert you all on time so we could have a decent Masq run - and it ends up being the first edition I missed out on. I'd planned a short stint as Exorcist - a nod to the demons I beat in the last few years (picks up a nearby spider and gives it a big wet kiss). Instead this year the demons won - I had planned for a week stay with my boyfriend halfway which could allow me some SHP time, but in the weeks starting October my dad had finished his book and was presenting it to a Dutch celebrity (who called in sick hours before the start of the presentation, which was heartbreaking) - the week after at BFs I had barely time to visit - and then my father got Corona while I was away. It was terrifying but fortunately he has fully recovered. Of course it did mean that I couldn't go back home.
When he recovered I might have still enjoyed the last few days - were it not that then I came down with a terrible cold and a UTI. Things were just against me partaking this month.

I'm sorry to hear about all of this. Hope things are getting better.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:34 am Heh, I thought I was pretty... transparent... except for one.

* Red Herring... this was me all along. I gave myself the obvious name, just for giggles.
* Exorcist... this was actually BBP, unfortunately, she wasn't ever able to partake.
* Error404... this was also me all along, I tried to make this one sound like how I imagine NBS would sound! :D
* Colonel Bechamel... Well, we know who that was because they posted and NBS was right.
* Chuckie Brown... this was also me, but I was trying to make it sound like DPX.
* Samhain ... We know who this is because they said who they were.
* Cup Half Full... this was me, i guess... I googled "something random" or something rather and it gave me results of cup half full.

All the icons I used were transparent PNG except the Error404.

Despite not getting a lot of participation - which is why I didn't do the murder game - I thought it was still fun. Which is why I also didn't list who partook this time around.
I thought that one person could only have one alternate account? :| I couldn't work out all these extra names. I thought you were The Butler and that's it? :? I'm so confused. ;)
BBP wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:24 pm

Oh no, BBP! :( I'm so sorry to hear all these horrible things. I hope things will be looking up for you soon.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:29 am I thought that one person could only have one alternate account? :| I couldn't work out all these extra names. I thought you were The Butler and that's it? :? I'm so confused. ;)
In this very post (see the first post), I said...

The people wearing MASQs were:

[quote]
Wait - let's do this different this year.

I am not going to list who participated.

And I will say - at least ONE was a red herring - as in, it was me.

BUT.

MORE than one COULD be a red herring (as in, it could be me).

Was it just you?

And the REST were me?

Posing as red herrings?

You will have to figure it out...
[/quote]

And in the MASQ2022 thread over here...
viewtopic.php?p=92329#p92329

Leads to:
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=6088

Where I again said:

[quote]
If we get a low count of people, I will create some red herring accounts.
[/quote]

The whole point being that, the last time (2021) we didn't have a high turn out.

So I said I'd create red herring accounts to add to the confusion of who it might be.

Which is why I didn't list WHO was in the MASQ this year.

Otherwise there's six names and three people (you, me, NBS - since BBP had things happening in life) and like five or six MASQ IDs.

I thought it was fun, because it definitely made it more difficult to guess.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Ah, OK. I forgot about that (whoops). :) Thanks, Tawm ;)

Return to “MASQ Of Eternity”