SQ2 Root Monster

In Space No One Can Hear You Clean, er, Scream. But if you post in this forum about Space Quest - someone's sure to hear you. I think. Try it, anyway!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

SQ2 Root Monster

Post by Rath Darkblade »

So, just for no reason, I happened to take a look at this wiki-page about man-eating plants ... and. :shock:

Does this picture remind anyone of the SQ2 Root Monster eating Roger? ;)

(Thankfully that tree is completely and utterly fictional. Like the Root Monster Nope! The Root Monster is real - and complete and utter Nightmare Fuel!) :twisted:

Actually, most of the ways that Roger dies in SQ2 (and in SQ1, SQ3, SQ4 ... some of them ... and most of SQ6) are Nightmare Fuel. Even Cruel and Unusual Death, right? ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: SQ2 Root Monster

Post by Tawmis »

I mean if there's a Venus Fly Trap... I am sure there's probably other carnivorous plants out there, or there were at one time.
BBP
Village Elder

Re: SQ2 Root Monster

Post by BBP »

There are a good bunch of carnivorous plants, but they typically consume insects. Small invertebrates like mice and frogs sometimes get unlucky (if you can stomach it, Youtube user Piranhaboy01 once posted a video of a mouse falling into his Nepenthes spathulata - and an update where he dissects the dead pitcher, revealing whatever is left in there.)

But we're safe from plants, unless we go swimming and get tangled in the weeds when we're diving.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

Return to “The Space Quest Series”