Lori and Corey Cole. c.1995 - posted on FB

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Lori and Corey Cole. c.1995 - posted on FB

Post by Tawmis »

Image1.png
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Lori and Corey Cole. c.1995 - posted on FB

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Haven't seen this before. *blush*

The way we was. ;) Hey, CRT monitor and yellow sticky notes on the monitor (possibly with passwords and such)!

Neuromancer! (Heard of it, never played it) ;)

And on the screen - one of Malcolm's games (but no idea which one, never played it).
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:15 am And on the screen - one of Malcolm's games (but no idea which one, never played it).
The game is what I'd like to know - so Malcolm's games? What's the name of these games?

At first I thought you meant Kyrandia (Malcolm's Revenge)... but I do think you do (because it's not any of the Legend of Kyrandia)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Uh ... what's going on? I posted here last night, but my post is gone again. :shock:

I just wanted to say - yes, Kyrandia, that's it! :) I forgot the name.

In my defence, I can only say that when the Kyrandia games came out (in 1992/3/4), I was too young and didn't have the money to buy them, or knowledge to know where. And none of my computer friends were playing them.

OTOH, they were playing Quest games. So I got into QfG, LSL, PQ and SQ from watching them play and trying them out. And thus, I was hooked. ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:33 pm Uh ... what's going on? I posted here last night, but my post is gone again. :shock:

I just wanted to say - yes, Kyrandia, that's it! :) I forgot the name.

In my defence, I can only say that when the Kyrandia games came out (in 1992/3/4), I was too young and didn't have the money to buy them, or knowledge to know where. And none of my computer friends were playing them.

OTOH, they were playing Quest games. So I got into QfG, LSL, PQ and SQ from watching them play and trying them out. And thus, I was hooked. ;)
That, I am pretty sure, is not a Kyrandia game. It's not a scene I recognize. I don't recall character portraits in the corner (lower left) like that anywhere. Looks more like King's Quest V art.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

They're playing Shannara. I was able to look it up on Mobygames because I recognized the interface being similar to many of Legend Entertainment's other games, and found it by process of elimination based on the screenshot.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

DeadPoolX wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:19 pm They're playing Shannara. I was able to look it up on Mobygames because I recognized the interface being similar to many of Legend Entertainment's other games, and found it by process of elimination based on the screenshot.
Ah, good eye. Man, I feel like Shannara's graphics were better than Death Gate. I have both games, but played Shannara only once. I have played Death Gate numerous times (because of my love of the series). It's a shame they didn't produce a lot more games based on books. Because, I mean you already have the story - and then to visually create it for people, who may not read books - but play the game and get interested in the books!
goatmeal
Sierra Veteran

Post by goatmeal »

Tawmis wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:59 pm ...Because, I mean you already have the story - and then to visually create it for people, who may not read books - but play the game and get interested in the books!
That's what "Betrayal at Krondor" did for me.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

It's what "Discworld" did for me. (And I'm so glad it did). :D

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”