Midnight Ghost Hunt is free on Epic Games.

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Midnight Ghost Hunt is free on Epic Games.

Post by Tawmis »

Never played it - but it looks really fun.

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Midnight Ghost Hunt is free on Epic Games.

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Um, it sort of looks like Ghostbusters or a first-person shooter. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows my thoughts on FPSs. ;)
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:34 am I'm pretty sure everyone here knows my thoughts on FPSs. ;)
No, I've never heard your thoughts on FPS games. :dry:

Just so you know, there are a lot of games that might look and control like a first-person shooter, but aren't because there's either very little combat (usually in favor of stealth, such as the Thief series or even the Deus Ex and Dishonored games if you choose to go a less-violent or non-violent route, all of which is very doable) or no combat at all.

My point here is that just because a game might look like it belongs to one genre, it doesn't mean it necessarily does belong to that genre.

That actually gotten at least two adventure games (probably more, but I can't say for sure) in "trouble" because while they squarely belong in the classic adventure genre, they look like older RPGs, such as the original two Fallout games or Arcanum. This led to a lot of gamers buying the games and then being angry that the game wasn't an RPG.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

DeadPoolX wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:16 am
Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:34 am I'm pretty sure everyone here knows my thoughts on FPSs. ;)
No, I've never heard your thoughts on FPS games. :dry:
Just so you know, there are a lot of games that might look and control like a first-person shooter, but aren't because there's either very little combat (usually in favor of stealth, such as the Thief series or even the Deus Ex and Dishonored games if you choose to go a less-violent or non-violent route, all of which is very doable) or no combat at all.
That's pretty much this game. As the Hunters, your mission - you have several weapons (to damage ghosts) and gadgets (detect ghost, vacuum ghosts, etc) - and you can only pick one weapon and one gadget. You, and three other hunters, go into a randomly selected (and very well done!) environment to hunt down 4 PLAYERS - who are acting as ghosts - and like the hunters, have different powers (can only pick one) and different "defenses" (can only pick one) - that you need to "hide until Midnight" (which is, 5 minutes of game play) - while the 4 players, as hunters, are trying to find and destroy you. As ghosts there are items you can hide in - like in the doll factory - I took possession of a doll and hid there. Midnight struck - and then the ghosts hunt down the hunters, who need to survive - I think for 5 minutes as well. As the doll, I was able to pull a knife and hack away at hunters.

My favorite defense power I use as a ghost is "doppelganger" - where I can try to escape, run around a corner, hit "F" and appear as a Hunter for a very short time (to get away and hide into something else).

Very, very, very fun game.

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”