Script party!

Fan fics, songs and other user contributions.

Moderator: BBP

BBP
Village Elder

Re: Script party!

Post by BBP »

Here are the links of all the game transcripts on my Google drive. This includes the scripts to Broken Sword 2 and 3

There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
goatmeal
Sierra Veteran

Post by goatmeal »

My abridged story of "Betrayal In Antara" can be found here:

viewtopic.php?t=6272
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

BBP, did you ever do one for Lighthouse?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Hey where did my post from yesterday go?

I looked into Lighthouse but there was very little dialogue in it, basically only Lyril. Don't know the game well enough to tell if there should be more.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Come to think of it, probably not. Oh well.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

BBP wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:02 am Hey where did my post from yesterday go?

I looked into Lighthouse but there was very little dialogue in it, basically only Lyril. Don't know the game well enough to tell if there should be more.
So it's not just Rath with the disappearing posts...

I think the only other dialog is from the professor. There's also a voicemail left by the character's mom.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

notbobsmith wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:09 pm
BBP wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:02 am Hey where did my post from yesterday go?

So it's not just Rath with the disappearing posts...

I think the only other dialog is from the professor. There's also a voicemail left by the character's mom.
I seem to have quite a lot of disappearing posts, but then, I'm also here more often than BBP. ;)

Just wondering, BBP: I note you mentioned Broken Sword 3. I've played Broken Sword 1, 2 and 5, and enjoyed them. However, I was put off Broken Sword 3 and 4, because of all kinds of game issues I saw mentioned on GOG: sliding crates, timing problems, problems with dialogue, etc.

Did you play BS3 and 4? What did you think? :)

(Honestly, I'm not sure what the problem is with the sliding crates. Broken Sword 1 also had them, if I remember, but no-one made a fuss then). *shrug*
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I played BS3, it took me a bit of getting used to (with the start on the plane I got nauseous a lot). As you delve down further the game becomes fun but also here and there disappointing.

The game has some added mechanics - box moving "puzzles" (which are easier than level 1 of SokoBan and take very long to animate*) and the Stealth sections that are a pain in the neck with the controls and poor implementation. In some cases you can only avoid death by being really quick to press a button - this gets repetitive. It has trite puzzles like newspaper key retrieval trick and the wolf, goat and cabbage problem, which doesn't add. The less said about the end, the better.

What is great? Well, Petra (the Dragon) is a delight. There is a large scene where you have to stealthily make your way into a castle in Prague, which has beautiful cinematics (the entire game has great cinematics btw) and you can really explore this when you are disguised as said Petra.
In the early Glastonbury section, the characters and puzzles are quite enjoyable.

I enjoyed it enough to reinstall it and replay it - the PC had stored my saves. I vowed not to use them - and ended up using them at an underground section that involved too much stealth and sneaking to my liking. I skipped the final sequence in Glastonbury.

*Foot note - any puzzle, no matter how good, will be annoying and unneessarily difficult if the moves take too long to do, as this interrupts your thinking process, making it more likely you make a stupid move. This is an issue in 7th Guest Bathroom Knight puzzle, and Shivers Pinball Puzzle, among others - prime one is 11th hour Trains that take forever to choochoo.
Skip to new scripts

Return to “The Bard's Forum”