Script party!

Fan fics, songs and other user contributions.

Moderator: BBP

BBP
Village Elder

Re: Script party!

Post by BBP »

Slim will remark something about sliced escargots when you use the axe on him. '
Found one other nice oddity: ingame you can never show Veder (haemorrhoid hermit) your clothes peg, as that item disappears from your inventory after you use it. Here's what you says if you show this to him:
VEDER Well, I HAVE been losing weight lately. Maybe if my wrap got so loose I couldn't...nah. I have no use for that.

(There's also a line for using the clothespin on yourself in other locations than the one where you should use it: I've tried it but ingame it won't play.)
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

And for the next two weeks, the Torin's Passage script can be downloaded as PDF from:
http://www.adrive.com/public/xRJQzZ/torin.pdf
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Oh, Tawm...
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I'm rolling now! Current project hint:
(this is a removed line)

- And now the other shoe.
- I've been waiting for that one to drop.
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I'm currently on LSL7 (it's taken a bit long as the concert got in the way) and suddenly in the Robo Willy file I see this:

Ya know, I'll tell any joke, any color, for just $49.95. Ha ha ha ha. Not just my own, mind you, but yours too. I want to share the wealth. Just record 'em in the proper format and stick 'em in the game's sub-directory and you can hear me say 'em, right here, on stage! After all, I'm not a real President; just an incredibly life-like stimulation, I mean, simulation!
And now, without any further to do, here's the gags!

Can you?
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Did you try it?

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I'm gonna need more direction than that, but I could try!
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Without more to go on I can only speculate. In the MUSIC folder there are "AUD" files. These are 22,050 sample rate, 16 bit ADPCM audio files. But what is in that folder is just music. The Audio36 resources you want to replace are in the RESOURCE.AUD file. In this case the folder referred to is the PATCHES folder. If the PATCHES folder is specified in the RESOURCE.CFG it will override the embedded resource. You can use SV to find the resource and name your WAV file accordingly, then drop in in the PATCHES folder. But then you can do this with any SCI game that uses Audio36 resources. If they meant something else, I would not know without more information.

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

OK, searched a bit... It seems like it'd be the same thing as what is described in the "beastar" files. In those it's explained you'd need to put those files in the folder you've installed your game in. The BMP of your picture would have to be called 1.BMP and the WAVs of the numerous scenes (with last week's winner and the waiter at the pool) and be placed in that directory. I can't imagine how that would work for the jokes; maybe they decided against it.
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

For the next two weeks, the Love For Sail! script can be downloaded from:
http://www.adrive.com/public/q6SQBx/lsl7.pdf

It's amazing how well LSL7 is constructed - no bugs, great music, great voice acting, easter eggs, an overload of jokes, fun and developed characters (no, not in that way), lots of nice catches from getting a funny response when you eat the fish in the La Costa Lotta fishtank to... well, suffice it to say that the two LSL Gem videos I made weren't enough. You can give pretty much anything to anyone. Even Wang, which I never knew since he's so easy to get rid of: you can show him your Venezuelan Beaver Cheese (oh, that's another one that gets some "powerful" replies from, say, Peggy and the Juggs.) I'd mentally always placed the Boning life insurance puzzle towards the end of the game, but you can also start out with it and show the stock to the Juggs for a great reaction. And clear the craps table before you even get your scorecard! Incredible how non-linear it is!

I stand corrected on my previous claim that the game could become unwinnable if you turn Vicky over before fingering her mucilage. You can. What's more, you don't have to distract her then!

I've never actually lost Strip Liar's Dice ingame - will you need to play craps again to get the money back, or can you just go back to 510? Is the Wad O'Dough actually a usable inventory item outside Dewmi's room?
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

BBP wrote:It's amazing how well LSL7 is constructed - no bugs, great music, great voice acting, easter eggs, an overload of jokes, fun and developed characters (no, not in that way)
Well, possibly both ways...

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

There are a grand total of 20 instances in the LSL7 script where a character makes the "I wish I had a dollar every time I heard that!" quip. In three cases, these seem to have been removed.
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

BBP wrote:There are a grand total of 20 instances in the LSL7 script where a character makes the "I wish I had a dollar every time I heard that!" quip. In three cases, these seem to have been removed.
Again I stand corrected: they're ALL in there!

Also put my picture into the game (save it as a 256 colour bitmap and crop it to 325 by 325 pixels, then save it in the Leisure Suit Larry 7 folder as 1.BMP). It works!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I'm thinking of doing Lighthouse... Anyone up for that?
Skip to new scripts

Return to “The Bard's Forum”