Script party!

Fan fics, songs and other user contributions.

Moderator: BBP

Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Script party!

Post by Collector »

Sure.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Lighthouse doesn't appear to have too much to script... :( Haven't played it for ages either.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

It's been a long time since I played LSL2, could replay it of course... I'm using the 1997 collection version as base. I noticed there were two versions of a line: are you able to "censor" LSL2?

Here's the line in question. Checked an online walkthrough to see #2 was used.
Aw, what the hell. You decide to brush the dust off your Spanish by attempting a conversation with the lovely senorita.
Aw, what the heck. You decide to brush the dust off your Spanish by attempting a conversation with the lovely senorita.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
adeyke
Oldbie

Post by adeyke »

The game has a filth level, which you can set with ctrl-F (or via the menu).
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Thank you!

It's pretty fun so far...

What did you want to put inside your onklunk?
Ok. You put it in. It fits. You remove it.
(Pretty much fun, eh?)
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Also keep in mind that earlier versions of some resources were never removed from the main resource file. The MAP file just points to the latest version. These older versions were usually from the development cycle. After market and later versions of secondary releases tended to have new versions of resources as separate patch files. Alternate language specific versions of resources also tended to be separate patch files. This is not to dismiss adeyke's point of different levels in the LSLS games, but I would suspect that if that was the reason they might have different resource numbers since the MAP file usually ignores duplicate resources. When there were alternate resources SCI tended to have a separate resource/map pair, i.e. RESOURCE.ALT/ALT.MAP so the alternate resources could be conditionally selected.

To know for sure you could play through to that point at the mildest and raunchiest levels. Of course you could also decompile the scripts if you felt like wading through the code to see how it was handled.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I'd like to perhaps learn how to do that someday, but not right now...

Anyway, just found this:
Once again, you lower yourself to the jungle floor and hope you can slide your way below the dangerous swarm of killer bees!
He walks!
He talks!
He wriggles on his belly like a reptile!

(anyone ever tried to move past the bees more than once?)
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Yeah, version 1.0 just finished! I didn't put in any of the comments but there doesn't seem to be much question mark material.
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

BBP wrote:(anyone ever tried to move past the bees more than once?)
No? :shock: I played LSL2 when it first came out, and I can't tell you how many times I got killed by the bees in that early version. :(

I know that the game says something about "wiping the sweat off your brow" when you finally get past the bees, but I'll tell you - I actually did that in real life when I first got past them. Phew. ;)

So what happens if you move past the bees more than once? Now I'm curious. :P
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

You can indeed, this is handy if you passed it and realise you forgot the stick. When you crawl back it's the "He walks! He Talks! He crawls on his belly like a reptile!" line, and when you go back front, it's "You made it! Again!"
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Oh dear. :lol: Now, I wonder whether anyone would actually try to get past the bees and go back again... those bees were the deadliest thing in LSL2 for me, even more so than the piranhas. I can't imagine how many times I got killed by those darn bees.

Those bees were even worse than the zombies in GK1, and not much is deadlier than them! :P What's your view, hmm? ;)
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I first played the point 'n click fan remake of LSL2, and there you have to "look" at the branch twice to see them, then you can pass them. I'd made it, but after that I had forgotten something so I had to replay, and then I couldn't get past them anymore. There was no "crawl" command.

With the crawl command, it's easy. With the zombies I still get killed a couple of times.

I can't recommend the point & click. It uses midi from the Cranberries.
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I'm now doing LSL3. I know it's my least favourite Larry because I don't recognize any of the lines.
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

The close-ups appear to have more dialogue than I thought!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

All done now... no major discoveries... but now I've scripted all LSL adventures!
Skip to new scripts

Return to “The Bard's Forum”