What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I don't understand games like Morrowind. The concept and initial impressions looks very appealing but when I finally get to playing it it becomes absolutely boring. But I'm a fan of linearity and a game like Morrowind is anything but.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Lynda wrote:Thx to Collector for the advice on the PQ games...am actively seeking those now.
And if you have not done so yet, don't forget to join Andrea's new PQ board on, The Police Quest Series. This along with the official joining of The Janitorial Times now makes all of the main series represented in The Sierra Gateway, even if King's Quest doesn't have its own dedicated forum. Sierra Planet still needs to link back to the Gateway. Perhaps if others here started to join Sierra Planet's forum and urge Kat to add the link...
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

Well I just finished Freddy Pharkas and I really enjoyed this game. Al and Josh did an amazing job with this game. At this time I dont know what SIerra game I will be playing next. When I do I will post it. I'll probably finish up GK3 while making a decision.
FREEZE SCUM!!
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Fender_178 wrote:Well I just finished Freddy Pharkas and I really enjoyed this game. Al and Josh did an amazing job with this game. At this time I dont know what SIerra game I will be playing next. When I do I will post it. I'll probably finish up GK3 while making a decision.
Did you try clicking the gun on yourself? :P
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

No but I do know what happens though.
FREEZE SCUM!!
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

I decided to try Fallout 3, but I think I've had my fill of dark shooters for now. Between that and Bioshock, I feel like I need something more light-hearted. Not to mention the fact that Fallout 3 doesn't let you turn off the gore. That's a big issue for me right there. *gag* I thought I was going to be sick playing it the other night. I've become too sqeamish.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Maiandra wrote:I decided to try Fallout 3, but I think I've had my fill of dark shooters for now. Between that and Bioshock, I feel like I need something more light-hearted. Not to mention the fact that Fallout 3 doesn't let you turn off the gore. That's a big issue for me right there. *gag* I thought I was going to be sick playing it the other night. I've become too sqeamish.
I like the gore in Fallout 3. :mrgreen:

Don't get me wrong -- I don't care for "gore for gore's sake." However, I see nothing wrong with blowing off someone's head or appendages. It's almost cartoon-like.

To be fair, the gore can be -- and often is -- quite graphic in Fallout 3. The other games in the series (Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics) all let the player choose how much gore they wanted or turn it off entirely.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Actually, you can turn out the gore. If you open Fallout.ini, you can modify

bDisableAllGore=0 into

bDisableAllGore=1, and the gore will be all gone! ;)
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

AndreaDraco wrote:Actually, you can turn out the gore. If you open Fallout.ini, you can modify

bDisableAllGore=0 into

Hmmm... that's interesting. I like it. Maybe that should be called "Gore-B-Gone." :P

I should probably note that turning off gore in the Fallout.ini is something you need to add yourself. Maia was looking for it in the Fallout.ini and it wasn't there, so we looked it up online.
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

AndreaDraco wrote:Actually, you can turn out the gore. If you open Fallout.ini, you can modify

bDisableAllGore=0 into

Thanks for the info. :) At least now I know I can finish it at some point.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

No problem. There are a lot of commands that you can twitch a bit to manipulate the game like wax 8-) If you need something else, let me know!

:)
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

I'm playing a new Wii gamed called Deadly Creatures. The primary idea is that you can to play as a tarantula and a scorpion (not at the same time, however). The last game I know of that let the player control a bug -- a cockroach -- was Bad Mojo and that came out in 1996.

I haven't got very far yet, but from what I've seen, the game looks like it'll be pretty good. If nothing else, it'll be unique.

Some people might find the entire idea as "creepy" or "gross" (and to some degree, they'd be right), but it's not that bad. Here you're controlling the arachnid of your choice, whereas in real life, they do whatever they want to do.
Lynda
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by Lynda »

So has anyone here tried Spore yet?
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fishburger and realize, Oh my God...I could be eating a slow learner..."
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

No. Isn't it a FPS?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Collector wrote:No. Isn't it a FPS?
Nope. It's more of a "genetic creature creator God-type game." There's a free demo of the creature creator on the Spore Website. While the demo has no time limit, it has far less interactivity.

The creature creator itself (without the full game) can be bought for $10 USD. The full game, however, is more (you start with basic one-celled organisms and evolve from there). Just how much more depends on where you buy it.

I've been playing around with the creature creator demo and it's a lot of fun. I've made some seriously deranged and wacky aliens. I've considered buying the full creator creator, but then I can only make new creatures without doing much more. The real game has a lot more to it, but I don't know if it's worth the full asking price.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”