What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmm. If you tell the Mage that you don't like him doing questionable things, does he take offense and leave? That sounds rather petty. (Kind of like Eric Cartman. "Screw you guys, I'm going home!" And then, perhaps because of karma, he walks straight into a trap. Or a spider horde). :lol:

The web traps sound insane. If you get trapped in them the first time, do spiders drop out of the ceiling (like they do in NWN1 or Dragon Age)?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:39 pm Hmm. If you tell the Mage that you don't like him doing questionable things, does he take offense and leave? That sounds rather petty. (Kind of like Eric Cartman. "Screw you guys, I'm going home!" And then, perhaps because of karma, he walks straight into a trap. Or a spider horde). :lol:

The web traps sound insane. If you get trapped in them the first time, do spiders drop out of the ceiling (like they do in NWN1 or Dragon Age)?
Well, I am trying to avoid spoilers should you get it. But it's more like speaking to someone in high power about what he does. :)

For the traps, they're detactable if you have someone (and you will as the bard auto joins from the start and she's the one "telling the story"). However, if you fail, you trigger the trap.

The area where the trap is happens to be a kobold & spider infested cave.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I'm sorry. I won't ask any more questions. *blush*

As for me ... (and WARNING: slightly NSFW image from The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim coming up ...)

I'm finishing up a story where one of the major characters is a blacksmith, so I thought I'd fire up Skyrim and remind myself of the various major equipment that smiths use. ;)

I know from experience that too many Skyrim mods break the game, so I decided to turn them all off.

However, as I'm walking through Whiterun (one of the major towns), I noticed something odd. All the guards, for some reason, decided it was a good day to do this ... :shock:

WTF?! Dude, put some trousers on!
WTF?! Dude, put some trousers on!

Great. So if I mod the game too much, it crashes; if I don't, the town guards are suddenly exhibitionists. :P And to make it even worse, if I took my armour off, all the townsfolk would say something like "We've seen enough! Put on some clothes."

Ah, Skyrim. The comedy gift that keeps on giving ... :lol:
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

... so I am convinced, the Mage will leave no matter what because of what happens later.

And is that Skyrim not from a mod?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

This was Skyrim, but I turned all the mods off ... which made it particularly surprising when this happened. (Oh, I forgot: I turned off all the Steam mods, but not the NexusMod ones. *shrug* But why the guards decided to walk around in their underpants, I have no idea). :roll:
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:28 pm This was Skyrim, but I turned all the mods off ... which made it particularly surprising when this happened. (Oh, I forgot: I turned off all the Steam mods, but not the NexusMod ones. *shrug* But why the guards decided to walk around in their underpants, I have no idea). :roll:
A NexusMod thingie may be doing that, for the men and women who might enjoy that view.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

It may be. *shrug* I was simply trying to be logical: with all the Steam mods on, either the game wouldn't start, or the guards were wearing clothes or armour ... and then the game crashed to desktop.

With all the Steam mods off, the guards are all exhibitionists. :P

Anyway. I turned the Steam mods on again, one by one, to isolate the ones that caused the issue. Once I found them, I disabled them. Now the game works properly again.

Sigh. Skyrim is a strange game, and people make strange mods for it. I've seen dragons flying backwards, mammoths fly into the sky, crabs besieging cities, and adventurers battling Sauron and taking his mace away. Part of me wonders what else could happen, but maybe I'm better off not knowing. ;)
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:17 am Part of me wonders what else could happen, but maybe I'm better off not knowing. ;)
From what I've seen on YouTube, many mods involve nudity, sex (and sometimes that sex isn't consensual either) and other unusual stuff, like pregnancy or menstrual cycles.

Yeah, I was surprised too. I mean... why? Who would want that in the game? Well, obviously some (maybe quite a lot even) do judging by how popular these mods seem to be.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

DeadPoolX wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:48 am
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:17 am Part of me wonders what else could happen, but maybe I'm better off not knowing. ;)
From what I've seen on YouTube, many mods involve nudity, sex (and sometimes that sex isn't consensual either) and other unusual stuff, like pregnancy or menstrual cycles.

Yeah, I was surprised too. I mean... why? Who would want that in the game? Well, obviously some (maybe quite a lot even) do judging by how popular these mods seem to be.
Some - sorry, many - people are weird. (You don't need me to point this out - two minutes around Facebook, Twitter or TikTok will make that obvious). ;)
goatmeal
Sierra Veteran

Post by goatmeal »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:51 pm Some - sorry, many - people are weird. (You don't need me to point this out - two minutes around Facebook, Twitter or TikTok will make that obvious). ;)
Only takes about 10-15 seconds on the SHP forums...
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

goatmeal wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:03 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:51 pm Some - sorry, many - people are weird. (You don't need me to point this out - two minutes around Facebook, Twitter or TikTok will make that obvious). ;)
Only takes about 10-15 seconds on the SHP forums...
Apparently I'm getting slow in my old age. ;)
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
goatmeal
Sierra Veteran

Post by goatmeal »

DeadPoolX wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:21 pm Apparently I'm getting slow in my old age. ;)
Well, you do tend to write longer missives... ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

goatmeal wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:03 pm Only takes about 10-15 seconds on the SHP forums...
larryblush.png
larryblush.png (112.77 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Tawmis wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:05 pm Star Wars - The Old Republic - free to play.
Finally finished all the class stories in the game, and just played it as a single player, free to play MMO. Only money I put into it was a year's sub, when it first came out... back in December of 2011. :D

Might have been 2 years sub? I know it wasn't much more than that before the guild there fell apart; and I only returned when it became free to play.

I still immensely enjoy the game and stories and NPC Companions. Bioware was clearly dipping their fingers in what would become the blue print for their own games (Dragon Age and Mass Effect).
Attachments
image.png
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Tawmis wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:30 pm
Tawmis wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:05 pm Star Wars - The Old Republic - free to play.
Finally finished all the class stories in the game, and just played it as a single player, free to play MMO. Only money I put into it was a year's sub, when it first came out... back in December of 2011. :D

Might have been 2 years sub? I know it wasn't much more than that before the guild there fell apart; and I only returned when it became free to play.

I still immensely enjoy the game and stories and NPC Companions. Bioware was clearly dipping their fingers in what would become the blue print for their own games (Dragon Age and Mass Effect).
I never played the MMO, but I could definitely see the seeds of Mass Effect in the original KOTOR.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”